Ninja 500 Yerfdog 3203 (with video of offroad ripping)

Reaction score
Nice build. Mind showing your wiring? Having trouble getting mine running. harness was a mess of wires.
Take the orange ignition wire and the power wire( white on mine) but you can use any 12V powered wire and and connect the orange ignition wire to the 12v powered wire with a 100ohm resistor on the orange wire. And obviously run a ground to the other side of the switch. If you need to you can run a wire directly off the the battery to pull 12V and connect it like that and it will work perfectly. But of course not quite as clean as using the original powered wire. Hope this helps let me know if you have questions.

Reaction score
How's your temperature? I'm gonna go for a bigger rad how is yours holding up? And what are the measurements for it?
Its been icy here so I haven't gotten it out yet. I used a civic radiator they can be had very cheaply mine was under $60 core is 14.25" x 13.75" x 1.50". I will post back when I get to take it out should be sometime in the next couple weeks.
Did you get the wiring figured out?

Reaction score
The radiator seems to be keeping it plenty cool. Got around to painting it

Attachments

• 799C2B8B-5DA6-4397-933D-BE9F0365E098.jpeg
    799C2B8B-5DA6-4397-933D-BE9F0365E098.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 15
  • D1D666B7-872B-4E95-B239-516C2357D5F3.jpeg
    D1D666B7-872B-4E95-B239-516C2357D5F3.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 15
  • 89844F17-461F-4A05-AEB9-D0217CA320EF.jpeg
    89844F17-461F-4A05-AEB9-D0217CA320EF.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 15

BlackThought

Reaction score
Glad you got it done!

Another question if you don't mind. Hows your braking performance? I ordered a stock replacement set months ago. Didnt think about the added weight and what not. I'd prefer to be able to stop when i want to lmao.

Also I see you're in AR? What part? Once things are settled I wouldnt mind taking a trip, assuming I can finish my build

Reaction score
Glad you got it done!

Another question if you don't mind. Hows your braking performance? I ordered a stock replacement set months ago. Didnt think about the added weight and what not. I'd prefer to be able to stop when i want to lmao.

Also I see you're in AR? What part? Once things are settled I wouldnt mind taking a trip, assuming I can finish my build
The brakes are not what I would want them to be they slow down the thing fairly quick and work fine off road but they will not lock up on pavement. I used the front ninja brake mounted on the rear. Before I had the ninja brake on the rear and 2 minis on the front but I kept blowing wheel bearings from the front brakes so now I'm running only the rear. Its simply good enough and it stops decent but far from excellent braking. If I was doing it over again I would do a dual caliper setup on the rear. There are steep hills here and if you get going too fast it can be a little scary.

Springdale area, let me know when you finish the build! good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I lied I started working on it again even though nothing broke. I added some shock absorbers to combat the pogo effect of having the springs almost vertical. BTW the reason they are vertical is because I couldn't find a shock that was strong enough to mount ideally. I talked with joe one of the previous build winners, and that's where I got the idea to mount the springs in that location. These new shocks help a lot it feels like the springs are where they should be now. $45 for the set on amazon.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 23
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Mounted up the warning lights, and I wired the neutral switch to the turn signal indicator light so you get a big green light in the middle when in neutral. Taking it out next weekend, and ill beat the heck out of it.

Attachments

• Gauge 1.png
    Gauge 1.png
    588.2 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Took it out over the weekend and ripped it like crazy. Everything went well and the engine is running way better. I had one small issue my water pump hose started to cave in when it got really hot at the bend. Ill fix this by using a couple 90s rather than bulk tubing.