New to GoKarts and need help finding correct wheels/bearings, hubs, Kart ID

JakeJ547

Reaction score
Hello everyone I just purchased my first kart and I have a ton of questions and figured this was the place to go. I got this kart and found a few tires were dry rotted, two of the four. I also found the left front spindle was bent and the left front rim was damaged (piece of the inside rim broke off). The engine also ran rough and it was a 6.5HP Briggs and Straton. Rather than spend time trying to revive the old engine I replaced it with a Predator 224CC 6.5HP (very noticeable difference). Well everything was going okay that is until today the rear right tire popped. I have no idea what I should be looking for there's a few things I want to do which includes replacing the clutch, the chain, sprocket, wheels and rims all around, and front spindles. The front spindles are currently a 5/8 bore while the rears are 3/4 live axle keyed wheels. I need help at least for now finding a suitable set of rims and tires all around and the parts I need. I am new to this and want to do things right. And if you have any clue as to what era/year and type my go kart is please let me know. I've attached photos below in the hopes someone can point me in the right direction.

IMG_2278.JPGtempImageNGx43i.jpgtempImageoRLTFx.jpgtempImagermhcmN.jpgtempImageZPYCRJ.jpgtempImagewWhtIa.jpgtempImage4YhUkp.jpgtempImagezdeQBb.jpgtempImagesBBMSq.jpg

panchothedog

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Can't help you with the brand ( someone here will know)
but it really doesn't matter. Most all of the parts you need are very generic. 5/8"
is very common so you can find spindles, bearings, tires, wheels ect. No problem. Same with the rear at 3/4" . The internet is full of stuff, but if you want one stop shopping, two of the many major kart supply shops are Go Power Sports, and OMB Warehouse. Either one of those two places will have everything you need.

JakeJ547

Reaction score
Appreciate the reply. My issue is I’m confused how these work. I know the tires are 4.10/3.50-5. I know I can find or reuse the rear hubs (3/4) with a split rim setup but when I comes to the fronts (5/8) I can’t figure out weather I buy hubs and a split rim setup or if I buy rims with the bearing pre Installed. I just want to make sure I’m getting the correct stuff hopefully in a matching set.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Reds advise sounds harsh but it really is not, nor is it meant to be. Just trying to teach. Parts of that kart look MANCO, others not so much. I believe it may be an early MANCO except for steering wheel.

JakeJ547

Reaction score
I understand but here’s the main question i think I have found the spindles I need here do I need the springs that are below that listing as well or would these work better? Also I found the wheels for the fronts here. All that’s holding me up now is finding the rim/tire combo for the rear as it’s a keyed live axle I cannot figure out what to get. Can any of you point me in the right direction for the rears? Both sides are keyed.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
You don't have springs on the spindles now, so you don't need springs. As far as wheels are concerned, seems to me Go Kart Supply keeps it nice and simple: Wheels and tires. If you go with the hub/wheel combo you can upgrade to 6" wheels and a larger variety of tire options now or later. Note you can get a freewheel hub for the 5/8 bore fronts and a 1" keyed for the rear.

redflash

Reaction score
When I built my spyder arachnid, I googled every supplier for go Kart stuff in the entire country. Then I studied their inventory, prices and locations. I then determined who A...had what I needed. B... comparative pricing,,,,C shipping cost to my location. The 4 companies that seemed compatible to my needs, I put on my computer as favorites. Then they became my sources to build, and dream for future upgrades as I could afford.
That and listening and questioning these guys, was my path to successful completion of my project.

Da redflash

JakeJ547

Reaction score
You don't have springs on the spindles now, so you don't need springs. As far as wheels are concerned, seems to me Go Kart Supply keeps it nice and simple: Wheels and tires. If you go with the hub/wheel combo you can upgrade to 6" wheels and a larger variety of tire options now or later. Note you can get a freewheel hub for the 5/8 bore fronts and a 1" keyed for the rear.
Based off what you sent me I got new hubs, spindles, inner tubes, rims, and tires all around. I appreciate it!