New front forks for the MBX10

MikeInOhio

Reaction score
Decided to try and build a new set of forks for my mini bike since the ones I have are bent. I went to the depot and picked up a 36" stick of 3/16"x2" flat stock for 12 bucks. The "roll cage" that came with the Yellow Jacket kart I have was cracked in two places so I figured I could cut it up for my fork tubes. Its 7/8" tube so I figured it would be fine, the original forks are the same size tube.

I took some measurements and got down to cutting and grinding and drilling and welding. As far as the welding goes, I'm super new at it. I got a cheap HF flux core welder years ago and never really used it until recently. From what I've researched and found out, seems like if you use a flux core tip and some decent Lincoln wire you can do an ok job. My welds look like pretty janky, but I'm getting better every time I weld something😁

Overall I'm pretty pleased with myself for making something functional👍👍👍 Here are some pictures of the process

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

I also came up with a new engine mount since the one on the bike was hacked to death, jagged holes and slots all willy nilly. I had a piece of bed frame rail laying around so I once again took some measurements and got to it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk