My throttle linkage design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Hey all, new member here and I wanted to share the throttle linkage I designed. I wasnt too fussy on the kits I saw you could buy online on various sites so I put careful thought, time and some patience into it and have come up with this. It's been working flawlessly so far and has ALOT of adjustment built into the design. I'll gladly post part numbers and give the specifics of it if anyone else likes it and would like to build their own, I'm not greedy! Keep in mind youll probably have to come up with your own way to attach your throttle cable to it as I'm using a different cable than most of you are. If anyone would like to see it action tell me how to post a video and it's done!

Pic 1 : shows the Traxxas steering bellcrank (bushings replaced with bearings) and the DuBro RC airplane linkage all assembled and installed on the fan cover. Note the threads and the collar on the small linkage rod as that gives the setup "fine" adjustment.

Pic 2 : installed and mostly hooked up. Note the red "bushing" I made for the cotter pin to pivot freely. I made it from the plastic end of an electrical crimp connector that I pressed into the bellcrank, cut the excess and drilled the ID to accept the cotter pin.

Pic 3 : fully installed and functional, as you can see I have "coarse" adjusment on the main cable sheathing. There are no signs of the cable pulling through the cotter pin and even if it did the motor would return to idle.

**edit** I forgot to mention that I had to use a small shim between the bellcrank and fan shroud to allow it to pivot, I used a pinion gear shim for a differential from a HPI MT2 18SS nitro.

Feel free to leave any opinions or comments! Brian

Attachments

• 20200119_154236.jpg
    20200119_154236.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20200119_162252.jpg
    20200119_162252.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200218_171237.jpg
    20200218_171237.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 21
Status