My Ken-Bar Streaker build.

Seventy Won

Reaction score
Why do you have the performance intake/filter but you're not running a performance exhaust? It looks like you're using only half of the Stage 1 Kit. It is usually understood to include: header pipe, air filter adapter, air filter, foam pre-filter, larger-than-stock carb jet and all the gaskets and hardware.

You gotta have it on both ends, really, to see benefit. Is the intake the only mod to this engine?

Edit: Nevermind, you just added an aftermarket carb to get it running.

When the go-cart was given to me, there was no carb, no air box, no rope starter, no oil, no roll cage, no seat, no nothing. There are no factory air filter assemblies available. The stock carb IS still available at Jacks Small Engines. It lists for $199. That's why I went with a $23 one from E-Bay and an adapter from BMI.

I think everyones cart is probably faster than this one. My GPS showed a 33mph top speed. That's 33 mph faster than when it was given to me.

I doubt much damage has been done. I haven't done much more than a mile or two on it. My restorations tend to sit around and not get used.

I'm just really shocked at how bad the filter was. I assumed that the paper thin red fabric bag that came with it was for use in dusty conditions or for storage. It seems crazy to think that after paying $20 for the filter, I was supposed to use the crappy little bag for filtration and the wire-mesh cone with pleated material was just for decoration.

Live and learn.