Murray Drive Wheel

qtband

Reaction score
I just bought a Murray kart like the one pictured. I need the drive wheel, sprocket brake drum and brake. Anyone know where I can find them?

Attachments

• kart.jpg
    kart.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 7

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Drive "wheel" singular, not plural? You want a 1-wheel drive to avoid having a live axle? The 2 rear rims need to be the same diameter, with matching tires also. If you have one side, order the other to match. Or match both to the front rims/tires. If you need all 4 rims/tires, I recommend going with 6" split (2-piece) rims, 4.10 x 3.50 x 6 knobby tires, innertubes w/L-shaped stems, and a 4.5" brake. You can order your combo sprocket/drum to fit the rear rim size, like a 4" or 4.5" drum, internally machined. The externally machined are for brake bands, not brake shoes.
AZ2217-ID - 60 Tooth Sprocket/Drum Assembly - Machined ID | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
6" Steel Multi-Purpose Wheel with Extended Hub | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
AZ2269 - 4-1/2" Anchor Backing Brake Assembly (minibike) 1" Bore | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
8-343 - 4.10 X 3.50 X 6 Stud Tire 2 Ply Tube Type | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
8-354 - 410 X 350 X 6 Tube L-Shaped Valve Stem | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply

Last edited:

qtband

Reaction score
Drive "wheel" singular, not plural? You want a 1-wheel drive to avoid having a live axle? The 2 rear rims need to be the same diameter, with matching tires also. If you have one side, order the other to match. Or match both to the front rims/tires. If you need all 4 rims/tires, I recommend going with 6" split (2-piece) rims, 4.10 x 3.50 x 6 knobby tires, innertubes w/L-shaped stems, and a 4.5" brake. You can order your combo sprocket/drum to fit the rear rim size, like a 4" or 4.5" drum, internally machined. The externally machined are for brake bands, not brake shoes.
AZ2217-ID - 60 Tooth Sprocket/Drum Assembly - Machined ID | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
6" Steel Multi-Purpose Wheel with Extended Hub | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
AZ2269 - 4-1/2" Anchor Backing Brake Assembly (minibike) 1" Bore | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
8-343 - 4.10 X 3.50 X 6 Stud Tire 2 Ply Tube Type | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
8-354 - 410 X 350 X 6 Tube L-Shaped Valve Stem | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
It's a one-wheel-peel kart. The drive wheel is different than all the others.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
The drive wheel is different than all the others.
?????? Guess I just don't understand. My thinking was about a sprocket drum that bolts to a flange that's there for that purpose on the drive wheel, but otherwise the wheels are all alike. That protruding flange would be the only difference in the rims.
I do understand about some electric scooter wheels where the motor and the rear wheel are the same unit, but that's immaterial here. The link I posted for the wheel with the extended hub for a sprocket/drum attachment................
6" Steel Multi-Purpose Wheel with Extended Hub | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply..............
..............only really differs from its opposite side rear wheel insofar as it has the 4-bolt flange its opposite wouldn't....................
AZ1035 - 6" Steel Wheel, 3-1/4" wide, 3/4" ID Bearing | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
They both have 3/4" bearings, and are only 1/8" difference in width. Please explain what kind of wheel you need so that my pea brain can understand.

pearl111

Reaction score
I just bought a Murray kart like the one pictured. I need the drive wheel, sprocket brake drum and brake. Anyone know where I can find them?
Do you have any of the wheels that came with the kart you just got.
If so post some pics of them.

Karttekk

Reaction score
Are you looking for something like this?