Many motors one controller

Reaction score
Hey, so I've seen people try (and fail) to use multiple brushless motors on a single set of conductors from a single controller and it didn't work. But how about brushed motors? Since it's not trying to sense back-emf or using hall sensors, would it work to drive multiple motors from one brushed controller?

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
it would, yes...
but it's not really advisable in case you want something that's bigger than an RC toy,
and/or save for humanoids to be moved with.

Also be aware that there is zero differential control when going down that route.
All attached motors run at a fixed speed-ratio to one another (not necessarily the same speed)
And a failure in one motor will affect (likely upset) the other motors immediately.

So yeah.. it does, but you shouldn't as soon as you need the setup to be reliable.

'sid

PS it'S also possible to drive several electronically commutated motors (BLDC) but you need to have them phase synced,
and as soon as they get out of sync you will likely fry a motor and the controller in shotr order.

EpsilonZero

...still cheaper than a boat!
Reaction score
You're going to need multiple motor controllers being controlled by one set of physical controls (e.g., joystick). I would also suggest a kill switch on a wrist strap or something similar in case the vehicle decides to blender. ☠️

Reaction score
You're going to need multiple motor controllers being controlled by one set of physical controls (e.g., joystick). I would also suggest a kill switch on a wrist strap or something similar in case the vehicle decides to blender. ☠️
Yeah, I'm going to use an Arduino or something like that for it. And a wrist strap kill switch is not a bad idea at all, and would be really easy, thanks!