Manco 606 Steering Questions

kmcnult47

Reaction score
Long story short, we bent the drivers side spindle pretty good on our Manco 606c-14 on our home track through the woods. New spindles are decently cheap so thats always an option to just replace it, but the stock steering system is kinda jenky and I've read on here that it's pretty prone to issues overall, especially for a 15 year old kart that gets driven hard. We thought it might be a good time to look into upgrading it. In a perfect world we'd like for it to have a better turn radius, be a little easier to turn, be able to handle rougher terrain, and not be crazy expensive but are definitely willing to compromise where needed. I'm thinking it sounds like we'd be best looking into a rack and pinion setup but am not 100% sure what that would entail as far as modifications to make it work. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience replacing/modifying this steering system and any tips they have, and what components/parts/etc. I should be looking out for that might work well for our application. Thanks guys!