Manco 400? build advice

Beavisusmc

Reaction score
I love scrub brakes, no matter how much rubber they eat off. No fancy failures, you stomp on the pedal, a solid iron bar forces a piece of steel against a spinning tire, nothing breaks.
About that chain lube, I use a single Chain & Cable lube for both...............
Amazon.com: Liquid Wrench L711 Chain & Cable Lube - 11 oz. : Automotive
I can smell the rubber burning when I get on them. Not sure if they will lock up i haven't tried really hard. I just try to think ahead. Still haven't got chain lube yet. I only rode a few times n used motor oil before each ride but it's slinging it so I do need something thicker with graphite

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Here’s a old trick you can try. Get a big candle from Wally World in an old electric skillet or electric fryer or an old pot and a propane torch. Melt the candle to liquid and add some 15w30 motor oil. About 10 oz and mix thoroughly. Take chain off of kart and clean thoroughly with brake or carb cleaner and totally submerge in wax and oil mixture. Leave in mixture until it cools and thickens. Then reinstall. That should keep you going for a few rides. Then do it again!

Beavisusmc

Reaction score
Well my Napa don't have it but they ordered it. I bought some white lithium grease to get by for now