• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Lucas fuel treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
my uncles car had some experiences where his car would hesitate, stumble, and once he got moving it would downshift rather hard, my moms car doing the same. When they got their cars checked out they were told that everything was fine and it was just due to cold weather. my uncle then poured a bottle of this in his tank and it created a noticable difference, no more hard shifting, hesitation or stumbling, my mom then decided to try the same and has came out with the same result, better gas mileage, more power, and a much smoother ride. has anybody here ever used this stuff? i think its great.

OzFab

Reaction score
Not that exact product but something similar; great stuff.

The chemical make-up is designed to clean the built up muck from the pump, lines & carb/injectors. Most also contain an octane booster.

As you probably know by now, the manufacturers recommend using it every 10th tank (or something like that).

Be aware, the next tank won't be as good as the present one but, it will still be better than the last...

kendelrk

redneck engineer
Reaction score
it says on the bottle every 2,500 miles, but they have to make money somehow right? this is just the temp fix until they can go for new injectors and plugs.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
No amount of liquid anything will negate the need for new plugs. Cleaning them is one thing, but if they are bad or worn out of tolerance, you need new ones.

As for cleaning the fuel system, etc- sure! Why not?

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
It's hard for me to admit this as I hate the snake oil crap but my brother had a pickup truck and the trans was slipping bad. He put a bottle of Lucas trans fix in it and it straightened up and he got 40,000 more miles out of it. If I didn't see it happen I'd never believe it. Worth $12 in my book.

South Kart3377

Kart designer
Reaction score
My family has been using Lucas Products for 10 years. I recommend them at my shop. You'd be surprised what Lucas, oil, oil filter, Fuel Filter and fresh gas will do to a rough running engine.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
My family has been using Lucas Products for 10 years. I recommend them at my shop. You'd be surprised what Lucas, oil, oil filter, Fuel Filter and fresh gas will do to a rough running engine.

While SOME of Lucas products are good, most are snake oil and/or complete crap. ANY of their stop-leak products are utter bull ****. While stop-leak may stop the leak, it'll also stop up any small passages.

I had to put a bottle of Lucas "oil stabilizer" in an old Blazer with a horrible lifter tick a month or so ago. It must have taken a good 5 minutes to get the majority of the crap out of the bottle; it was like a mix of oil and grease, but sticky. You couldn't pay me to put that in my own vehicle.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
I learned my miracle cure/stop leak lesson years ago. Just fix the dang thing properly... It'll likely cost you less in the long run.

FatCat

2 stroke Addict!
Reaction score
I don't believe in the **** either but 40,000 miles of borrowed time for $12. That's a bargain in my book. I wont say the stuff is great. Just saying what i saw. It's shady but I'll sure try that before replacing the slipping trans. It's only $12 and a few minutes of time. Hope I get that same luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.