LowRider Ver 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Hopefully a new project justifies a new thread, instead of tacking on to Assburger's Creations.....
In between work, Ed's Black Terror of Death, and my wife's 1973 CB175 being brought back from the dead, I've finally begun the LowRider v2.0 project....
As it sits, it will have the Honda ATC rear axle, the Sachs SA2-290 motor, snow mobile torque converter, 4.80x8 (16" dia.) trailer wheels, and a comfy butchered office chair. This will be my first "Ground Up" project... this is what I have so far. I'll also scan in my latest doodle/scribble revisions to give an idea where this is heading. I'm pretty psyched about this one.

The main (only!) frame rail has been welded up, and the axle is "mocked" in place where it will go. My next step is to cut/weld on the uprights that'll support the engine and rear axle.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Here's a rendering that I'm Pre-building in Bryce. This is mainly the uprights/axle support/engine support. The uprights are 10" tall.

...it'll make more sense when I scan in the doodles and finish it up in Bryce.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Instead of a bicycle front end like your others, try a motorcycle/ dirt bike front end, it would hold up to the stress much better and you have some front end cushion. But its looks like its coming along great, i cant wait to see it go!

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
You know how some stuff is inspired by doodles on a cocktail napkin?....
NOT ME. This is more like working with smeared toilet paper when I do it!
Here is the "final" doodle that I've been working from. So far, so good. My chop-saw is junk- burned up one of the commutator brushes, so I've been working with the angle grinder... just what I was trying to avoid.

Here it is with the rear axle in place... awaiting me to modify the brake lever, and then I can put the motor mounts on.

...and here are a few views with the motor resting atop where it's going to be mounted...

...and... back to work!

ElectricalBen

Reaction score
i give you alot of credit for drawing up plans i have never drwan plans on paper but i draw alot in my brain i guess.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Looks like you cut off the part of the paper where "deathtrap" was written. :arf:

Looking very nice! Can't wait to see the final product! :thumbsup:

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
I think it's just naturally ASSumed that anything I do has Deathtrap, Terror, or Of Death built in!
THX for the support!
I was telling my wife that it should be able to do 70mph... she didn't believe me. (Challenge Accepted) I think she forgot that I already hit 48mph with just a stock clone! (Heh-Heh!)

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
The clone has enough "stink" to pull a pretty good ratio. The clutch is holding up fine also. At one time, I tried a 3>1 ratio for a top-speed run and fried the clutch shortly afterwards. OOPS!

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Just like Russ preaches the LawnBoy's, I'm saying snatch up any air-cooled snowmobile motors you can find. Bare minimum is around 16hp @5000 rpm for a little single cylinder... perfect for our sport. Get the clutches with it... all the better!
You guys in snow country have it made. Someday, I too, will venture and dwell in the Great White North!

Status
Not open for further replies.