knock off 40 series TC on Amazon $235 w/free shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

scatteredsun

Reaction score
Too good to be true?

https://www.amazon.com/Torque-Conve...sr=8-12-spons&keywords=torque+converter&psc=1

Product description

Brand New!
40 Series Torque Converter Kit

For 9HP - 16HP Go Karts Fits ALL 9HP - 16HP engines with a 1" straight crankshaft and 1/4" keyway.

You will only find this very easy to install 40 Series Torque Converter Kit here at Auto Express! No Jackshaft Required. Comes with Driver Clutch, Driven Clutch, Belt, Jackshaft and all mounting hardware attached to an easy to mount backing plate. This Kit will save you a ton of time on install!

Please look at picture in listing to see the mounting dimensions to be sure this will fit your engine. Mounting hole measurements: Between centers of holes 3 1/2", Measured diagonally 5"

Replaces Comet 40 Series and Many Others

Replaces OEM Part Numbers:

203015, 203015A, 209133A, 209133, 209139A, 209139, 209151A, 209151, 2432

anickode

Reaction score
Well seeing as they're 40 bucks cheaper with free shipping on eBay with the backplate, and 100 bucks cheaper without...

It's not a mind-blowing deal, that's for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180307-182542.jpg
    Screenshot_20180307-182542.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 14

scatteredsun

Reaction score
Sure ebay. I guess I didn't even consider them. I haven't been a fan of ebay for awhile. I think I'd trust Amazon more. I'd spend the extra even over Amazon for GPS if they were down to 300.

Are these just as good as the non-Comet ones you can get from GPS?

anickode

Reaction score
Sure ebay. I guess I didn't even consider them. I haven't been a fan of ebay for awhile. I think I'd trust Amazon more. I'd spend the extra even over Amazon for GPS if they were down to 300.

They're the same exact thing. No-brand Chinese copies inported in bulk.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score

There are two types of people in this world. Those who pay for Amazon Prime, and those who shop at eBay.

scatteredsun

Reaction score
heh to each their own. I got screwed by ebay awhile back and I've held a grudge ever since. I've used it a couple times since when I couldn't find what I was looking for anywhere else.

I'm in Amazon's backyard so I get a lot of value out of Prime and Prime Now.

anickode

Reaction score
eBay is all about buying from a reputable seller (high rating, with MANY transactions) with an eBay store.

It is no different than buying something via Amazon that says "fulfilled by such-and-such-not-amazon-company"

I find that PayPal's dispute handling system is much improved in recent years as well.

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
eBay is all about buying from a reputable seller (high rating, with MANY transactions) with an eBay store.

It is no different than buying something via Amazon that says "fulfilled by such-and-such-not-amazon-company"

I find that PayPal's dispute handling system is much improved in recent years as well.

In my humble opinion, eBay really only works well for people in the USA. Sure, I could go and buy stuff there, but the shipping is a TOTAL killer, and most people don't ship to South Africa anyway. We have a website called BidorBuy.co.za which is relatively decent, but is miles behind the variety of product that eBay has to offer

And a South African version of Amazon????? Nope, doesn't exist.....

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score

many people do.. until they realize that amazon is NOT the seller,
but the exact same guys that sell their stuff on ebay,
thanks to amazons provisions a bit more expensive but otherwise identical ;)

'sid

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
https://www.aliexpress.com/
It's like Alibaba, but when you don't need to buy 1000 of something.

Buying straight from China has to be cheaper than going through a California middle man. Sometimes I pay the extra money just for a US shipper if I want it fast. Chinese shipping can take a while, but sometimes it comes surprisingly fast.

Kansaskart

Reaction score
I'm glad for this post regardless cause I wasn't aware alternatives for 40 series backplate were available as I haven't looked in over a year. Don't need one at moment but when I do and if I'm too lazy to build a jackshaft lol.

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score

No, the go power sports are thicker plates and better bearings. I’ve personally bought one and they are stout.

Status
Not open for further replies.