Is that the power to expect?

Preduhtor_122

Reaction score
I recently put a predator 212 engine on a coleman BT200x. I installed stage 1 and 2 performance parts (new air intake, header, billet connecting rod, billet flywheel, 18 lb valve springs, .038 performance jet, govenor removed, Hot265 cam) It has the stock sprockets and is using a max torque clutch. I’ve seen videos of people getting up to 45-50 mph from this build yet I only get 35 to 38 if I’m lucky. Also if I run it full throttle for over about 15 seconds the engine dies out and is hard to turn back on.i also purchased a Mikuni 22mm carb and when I use Thag carb the engines starts sputtering and dying out close to full throttle Any thoughts?

madtom

Reaction score
Sounds like a fuel issue not feeding the carb bowl fast enough. For top speed you have plenty of motor, what size is the rear sproket? Does it have a jackshaft or is it a direct chain to sproket?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Preduhtor_122

Reaction score
It’s the stock sprocket which I think is 50 tooth direct chain to sprocket. With the stock carb and performance jet it runs great but stops at about 35 mph then cuts off if I hold full throttle For to long. With the Mikuni 22mm carb it’ll run to about the same speed but then the engine starts sputtering and dies kinda like the symptoms of valve float.

Preduhtor_122

Reaction score
10 tooth and no just a normal max torque clutch

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

I switched from 18lb to 22lb valve springs because I was showing all the symptoms of valve float. I ran it and the top end speed felt way faster but then the bikes bogged down. I noticed the carb was leaking gas. I will try another test run this time with the Mikuni22mm carb and update.

Preduhtor_122

Reaction score
With the new 22lb valve springs and the 22mm Mikuni it’s running good now at a constant 42 mph. But I’ve seen people with the same build or even less things done getting 45-50 out of a predator 212. Any thoughts?

jmaack

Reaction score
weird

I got a stock 212 to about 43 . torque converter gets to 50 with stage 1. ct200u ex. 10 and 50 tooth.

Preduhtor_122

Reaction score
Wheel size is the stock wheel on the bike with 50 tooth sprocket. And 43 stock? Something must be wrong then because as stated before I have stage one and stage two parts installed and a Mikuni 22mm and I’m still only getting 42 top speed. I know the switch from 18 to 22lb valve springs helped tremendously because I was getting valve float. Once I reach about 40 the engine power dies off very rapidly and I still got a little bit of backfire from un burnt fuels. Should I try 26lb springs? Or is that over kill

Preduhtor_122

Reaction score
Possible valve float or?

Running stage one and two kits on predator 212 hemi with a hot .265 cam and a Mikuni 22mm Carb. I’m losing power once I reach full throttle as I’m barely reaching 40mph when this setup should easily be getting me close to 50. Also when I slow down there is loud popping from the header/muffler and once I turn bike off there is a loud pop as well. I currently have 22 lb valve springs. Is 26 over kill? Any thoughts guys?

mckutzy

Reaction score
That sounds like the decel poping from fuel in the pipe that is hot.
I think it means the carb setting is a little too rich.