Is my axle 5/8 or 1”

LoganMaxwell

Reaction score
Bought a Manco American express for $325 turns out the axle is bent, no clue what size it is and cant measure it due to the wheels being rusted on and i dont own a digital caliper,
AE569B01-9AF7-49C5-A8C6-859C7CFF1E90.png6B5785CB-E63E-4B91-B7F1-127AA2482E3A.png

redflash

Reaction score
you're going to need a digital caliper anyway....better start investing in tools right now !

Da Redflash

karl

Reaction score
Well if your working on a kart, I assume you have some tools. So if the open end of a
5/8 wrench fits snug over the axle, you have a 5/8 axle. If its bigger, likely 1in.

I would disassemble what you have until the bare axle, and take measurements, and then see
if what you have matches what your buying, before placing an order.

Dingocat

Broke
Reaction score
Just curious here. You have more pictures of the kart? There's alot of incorrect IDing of karts round here, could be helpfull info wise.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I have to agree with Dingo. For an Amex there is a lot of stuff that looks different. At least from what I see. Even the bearing hangers look different.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I have a pair of calipers, sometimes they are called an adjustable wrench. Sometimes they are called Bruce.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
That split sprocket hub tightens down to the axle via that Allen head screw. If you loosen all of the bolts holding the split sprocket to it first, it should loosen up by loosening that Allen.