Is Jack's Small Engine any good?

mark4ksu

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm about to order an Azusa go kart kit, pn 3551. I was planning to order from Jack's small engine since they seem to have a better price ($685) vs Azusa directly ($905). https://www.jackssmallengines.com/

I started looking up reviews for Jack's, and they are horrible. On their facebook page for example, all of the recent views are negative. I'm not sure if most of those are because of the parts shortages these days, or if Jack's is a scam or poorly run company. Does anyone use these guys?

Thanks,
Mark

karl

Reaction score
Ive placed many orders with them, great service and ships fast.

The bad reviews are from people lacking common sense.

If it says they do not have the part in-stock, they do not have it in their warehouse, so it gets ordered direct from the manufacturer.

With the shortages , the manufacturers are out of stock on lots of parts, and it takes time to replenish the stock.

It's not Jack's fault if you end up waiting months for a part to come off backorder,

they told you they don't have it. Writing bad reviews for jacks over that is just stupid.

Also they don't leave you in the dark when something is on B/O,
they provide you an estimated date as well that gets updated.

Another chuck of bad reviews are from people that looked up their own parts,
and guessed/ used the wrong model #, or flat out just ordered the wrong parts themselfs and
blamed it on jack's

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Last edited:

karl

Reaction score
Very handy site.

Also if the kit's is getting shipped freight, it's your responsibility
to check then package for damage BEFORE signing for it.
Once you sign, it's not the carrier's fault.

If there is shipping damage, thats between you and the freight company.

Signing for it and accepting the package, then taking pictures of the damage to
post on a 1 star review for jacks is not how to handle the situation.

redflash

Reaction score
I ordered rims from them once, good prices, a little slow on shipping, but good product.

Da Flash

mark4ksu

Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback. I called Jack's, and they aswered the phone quickly. Apparently, the go kart kits are drop shipped from Azusa. So while they don't have it in stock, Azusa does. I went ahead and ordered the kit and cluch from them. They estimated it would take about 2 weeks to arrive. With all the delays these days, I'll be thrilled if it only takes 2-3 weeks. Thanks again!

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I went ahead and ordered the kit and cluch from them.
Congrats, you're going to have fun. Was going to say I'd shipped my DragginBallz minibike to the guy in Ohio who bought it, and while he paid the $300 shipping, I tossed in another $50 for insurance because a wreck between here and there would've meant a total loss for me. At least Asuza has the responsibility for your kart until it reaches you, and like karl said, inspect it before you sign for it. That includes opening up the sealed boxes.