Is it possible to create a motor out of a jump starter/air compressor?

Gecko1723

Reaction score
I'm new to all of this, I honestly don't even know where or how to start but im sure i have majority of the parts but im clueless as to how I can make my own electric gokart. Screenshot_20220606-085721_TikTok.jpg

AmishMike

Reaction score
If the compressor motor is 12V, yes! We used to hook car batteries to kids electric vehicles, sometimes in series for 24V. They ran great and died in impressive displays of sparks and flames! Longevity was a problem. Usually about a week's worth of lunchtime excitement was all we got out of them. Screwing rubber tread on the drive tires caused wheelies and skin removal.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Well, unless you have a 12V scooter
...your gonna need another jump starter (ta create a 24V batt pack)
...or even (3) of them if it's a 36V scooter

* I'd start by doin' lots & lots of research :thumbsup:

FYI: Here is a kart I built for my daughter, a few years ago, using scooter parts ;)

Gecko1723

Reaction score
If the compressor motor is 12V, yes! We used to hook car batteries to kids electric vehicles, sometimes in series for 24V. They ran great and died in impressive displays of sparks and flames! Longevity was a problem. Usually about a week's worth of lunchtime excitement was all we got out of them. Screwing rubber tread on the drive tires caused wheelies and skin removal.
Is there anything else I can use from the photo that you see? I do have an electric scooter but it stopped charging so I took it apart. Also have a hooverboard and both in working conditions till I took them apart

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Is there anything else I can use from the photo that you see? I do have an electric scooter but it stopped charging so I took it apart. Also have a hooverboard and both in working conditions till I took them apart
Nope, :huh:
...not for an electric go kart anyways

Um...that can of WD-40 could probably come in handy though :thumbsup: