I'm bleeding....help

redflash

Reaction score
pedal pump bleeding doesn't work, there's just not enough "throw" in the pedal to push much. Bought and tried a vacuum system for bleeding, that didn't get much.
now going to diy a pressure system out of a garden sprayer....any brilliance out there......It a new system.. new master, and new caliper, new braided line.
getting bubbles forever.....ran over a quart through the system and still getting bubbles

da flash

redflash

Reaction score
BMI and amazon cheapies....the caliper has the banjo facing forward ( horizontal), and the bleeder is mostly horizontal on the back side.
I made a pressure bleeder out of a garden sprayer ( as seen repeatedly on you tube). I'm thinking I need to have my bleed hose curl vertically off the bleeder and then drop down into a half full catch bottle to actually see if the bubbles cease.......does that make sense to you ?

Thanks da flash

redflash

Reaction score
I called MCP the kart brake people and they were tremendous. I didn't use mcp products but the guy spent almost a 1/2 hour on the phone with me
going over each component ,and it's function and set up. wow.. what we deduced was the the caliper should not be positioned at the top of the rotor..because the inlet was at 3 o'clock and the bleed valve was at 9 o'clock.....totaly horizontal from each other..fluid could not TOP OFF the caliper in that position. He had me remount the caliper so that the inlet was at 6 o'clock ( bottom) and the bleed valve was at 12 o'clock ( top) and then the fluid would rise as you pumped the pedal until it was full and overflowed from the bleed valve.
Believe it or not he told me not to waste my money on his product until I had worked harder to make my cheap stuff work.

They pumped up fairly firm...now to put the kart on jackstands and fire it up to see if the brakes actually stop anything

Da flash

redflash

Reaction score
more info for the tribe.....Finally got the brakes bled by hand /pedal pumping...but they were still not gripping the rotor hard enough to
really stop......aha brain flash.....I determined that the caliper was for a 3/16 rotor....and mine was 1/8 inch rotor...no wonder it wouldn't grip.
I removed the shoes and tack welded a 1/32 washer on the back of each shoe so the caliper piston could reach its full throw and the shoes would
hit the rotor a full 1/8 sooner than before......voila she stops, and I didn't have topopfor a $150 caliper.

Da Flash