I thought I recognized it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Go-Kart-Bird-Engineering-/312830439996

Another Starbird. *sigh*

But here's the thing, I recognized it right off the bat from here:https://www.small-engine-projects.com/vintage-go-kart-build.htm
That's funny!:lolgoku:
I only know of one bright orange Starbird, so it just clicked when I saw it(I was literally just searching "bird engineering go kart" for the heck of it).
$600 is pretty pricey, but it's unhacked, plus it's got the original engine(Tecumseh flathead). Looks like they didn't hack up the original steering wheel, but made another one altogether(phew).
Pretty neat, but NC is awhile away.....:censored:

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 29

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
$600, Buy It Now. Now that's being optimistic. What a bargain... :rolleyes:

I see he put the original wheel/handlebars back on for 'originality' but he should've done his research and applied a more accurate color. Black would be a good choice.

Not worth $600 IMO. For that kind of money I'd expect the OEM exhaust and air cleaner and some decals, at the very least.

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
Quick question, who sells a go kart on ebay? It's the last place I'd check. But I like the h25, though my edger has more power (it has an 1984 h30).

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Probably because of the bias most people have against Craigslist. either way, it's only any good if you're in the area or they miraculously offer freight shipping. :roflol:

J.S.@SMS

Road Hazard
Reaction score
I like craigslist, though there are some idiots on there. I saw a listing yesterday for "3 vintage briggs engines." He said there were "2, 3horse, and 1, 5horse." Well anyone who knows older engines could clearly tell that the 3 horses weren't briggs engines, they were Tecumsehs. I'm not even sure how someone could confuse those. On the bright side, they were tank over carb H30s (both the same as the one I have on my edger).

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Well, they were flatheads....
I know I can tell what kind of engine a small engine is in a glance usually, but most people don't.
The previous owner of my kart didn't even know what brand my engine was!:roflol:

Status
Not open for further replies.