Husky Air Compressor

Status
Not open for further replies.

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
:wai:Finally got my 1st compressor that is larger than 1 gallon.
I scored this off craigslist for $60. It is a Husky 1.5hp oil-less 19 gallon horizontal compressor.

Specs:
155 max PSI
4.0 cfm at 90 psi
6.0 cfm at 40 psi

This is the quiet series with three settings ( light duty, medium duty, and heavy duty)
Definitely quieter than other compressors I have heard.

I look forward to starting my collection of air tool like ratchets, paint sprayers, brad nailer, impact guns, and so on...

The guy said he upgraded because this wasn't keeping up with his plasma cutter. He said he has never had any issues with it.

I do need to weld up a handle and bolt it on to this compressor. Other than that, it is ready to go. I just purchased a 50' hose.

Feel free to chime in about your compressors and experience with'em.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 7

kevbo22

Reaction score
Thats a quality score! The tank alone is worth it. Be carefull, 4cfm isnt a lot of air. Air tools like... well lots of air! Read the rating of the tools before you buy.

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Thats a quality score! The tank alone is worth it. Be carefull, 4cfm isnt a lot of air. Air tools like... well lots of air! Read the rating of the tools before you buy.

Thanks. I did a lot of reading before I bought. 19 gallons is about the low end for the cooler bigger air tools to use intermittently.

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
dang Nick, wish I could've spoken with you before you pulled that trigger, I have that EXACT same compressor, it's a POS, yes the 3 duty settings are nice and low is much quieter than high, I bought mine brand new from Home Depot, the regulator leaks air out of the tank, I called HD and they said they dont support it anymore so I went to Arizona Air Compressor Co on Osborn Rd, they can fix it but the cost makes it completely totaled, so when I do use it, it can never shut off since the leak leaks faster than max PSI can build up

additionally, the years of use have caused the cast aluminum frame feet to snap, before I could TIG I tried JB Weld on them with marginal luck

Yes it works in a pinch but I hate it, I am constantly looking out for another deal

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

if you have a tube bender, you dont need to weld a handle, just make the bends, and hammer the ends flat, drill the mounting holes, pics coming momentarily

Attachments

• IMG_2074[1].jpg
    IMG_2074[1].jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2076[1].jpg
    IMG_2076[1].jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2077[1].jpg
    IMG_2077[1].jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 9

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
dang Nick, wish I could've spoken with you before you pulled that trigger, I have that EXACT same compressor, it's a POS, yes the 3 duty settings are nice and low is much quieter than high, I bought mine brand new from Home Depot, the regulator leaks air out of the tank, I called HD and they said they dont support it anymore so I went to Arizona Air Compressor Co on Osborn Rd, they can fix it but the cost makes it completely totaled, so when I do use it, it can never shut off since the leak leaks faster than max PSI can build up

additionally, the years of use have caused the cast aluminum frame feet to snap, before I could TIG I tried JB Weld on them with marginal luck

Yes it works in a pinch but I hate it, I am constantly looking out for another deal

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

if you have a tube bender, you dont need to weld a handle, just make the bends, and hammer the ends flat, drill the mounting holes, pics coming momentarily

:eek: Wow...I hope I have better luck. Ya it would have been nice to know, too funny you have the exact same one. If I can get at least 2 years out of it I will be happy.

I guess there isn't any maintenance to really do on it except watch it...

I have some 1" wide flat stock I was going to drill some holes on and then weld that to some 3/8" or 1/2" round stock or 1/2" tubing. The 1/2" is easy to just bend around a pole anyways - I wish I had a tubing bender.

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Had another day off... so I decided to make a handle.
I was going to wait and meet up with Ryan but I love playing in the garage.

I used 1/4" thick 1.5" wide flat stock and 3/4" square tubing.

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 8

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Cut the square tubing to 35 degrees, since I didn't have enough clearance from plastic shroud to do a 45° angle.

Attachments

• IMG_0746.jpg
    IMG_0746.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 9

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Looks pretty dang good and works great.
Finished with black krylon spray paint.

I also went to Harbor freight last night and use my 25% off coupon and got my first 3/8" air ratchet for $15.

Attachments

• IMG_0747.jpg
    IMG_0747.jpg
    264.5 KB · Views: 10

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
While I'm glad to see you moving in the direction of 20th Century tool ownership, Nick, I'll have to say....there are 3 tools that have been my biggest disappointment in the 100's of tools I own:

#1: Cheap "Dremel " type tools.

#2: Undersized air compressors.

#3: 3/8" air ratchet from HF.

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
While I'm glad to see you moving in the direction of 20th Century tool ownership, Nick, I'll have to say....there are 3 tools that have been my biggest disappointment in the 100's of tools I own:

#1: Cheap "Dremel " type tools.

#2: Undersized air compressors.

#3: 3/8" air ratchet from HF.

I read a bunch of decent reviews on the air ratchet. For occasional use, I know it will suit me just fine.

supermanotorious

Winchmaster 5000
Reaction score
Had another day off... so I decided to make a handle.
I was going to wait and meet up with Ryan but I love playing in the garage.

I used 1/4" thick 1.5" wide flat stock and 3/4" square tubing.

I know that feeling! As long as you're happy with the handle that is all that matters

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Well the compressor took a crap. It turns on, starts working, sounds a little weak, and emits a funny smell. Kind of like a clutch burning type smell. It may just be the capacitor but I really don't want to mess with it right now at this time.

I did manage to score the central pneumatic 21 gallon compressor for $80.

This one actually requires changing the oil and regular maintenance which I intend to do. So far so good with it. Also save 2 feet in my garage since this one is vertical.

Attachments

• IMG_0335.jpg
    IMG_0335.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.