How to post pics

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you want to post pics, you'll need to one of three things.

1) If you're posting a new thread, just scroll down and look for "manage attachments". That's it.

2) If you're replying, click "quote" and you'll get to the right window.

3) If you're "quick replying", just click "go advanced" at the bottom of the page, then scroll down to find "manage attachments".

You'll get a pop-up and be able to upload photos. When you're done, click "close" and the photos will be attached to your post.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
If it's from youtube, just copy the link and paste it into your post. I believe it's the same with photobucket, etc.

c nichols

Reaction score
can't post pics

this is what i get when i try to post pics...

In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
what if it is your own video, and what format/resolution should it be.

Just curious

I don't believe we can upload videos yet, just link them to other sites.

this is what i get when i try to post pics...

In order to accept POST request originating from this domain, the admin must add this domain to the whitelist

Hmmm, this is one for Robert. Looks like he needs to add something to the site. I'll shoot him a PM for you.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Well in fact it's not the iPad it's the user :D

The iPad stores the same orientation data as any other device would (like my iPhone for example ;))

The thing is, it's _more_ precise so instead of portrait and landscape it stores which way around too.

so, even if it's uncomfortable, just flip your ipad when taking the picture 180° and it should work ;)
(landscape button right, portrait button down)

'sid

machinist@large

Reaction score
Hmmm.....

That's good info to have, especially as I got my dad's I phone 4 as a birthday present last month (he just upgraded); and, since I had the same basic phone type with the same basic phone plan for about the last 15 years or so, Verizon's staff did their best to break it to me gently that I had to switch to a new plan to be able to use the phone...

What's kind of weird was I was able to keep the wireless card for my netbook (and the new to me phone), and add a house brand 7" tablet with an additional 4G of data to spread across all three, for ~ the same amount per month....

Which leads me to my next question; do the same orientation rules apply for a kind of generic Verizon Ellipsis 7 tablet as the IPad?

Looks like things might get interesting this weekend, when I might have some time to try to figure this out....... :)

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I think so...

IIRC the image orientation is based on unaltered device orientation,
and that is the same for all devices (X: right side up, Y: top up, Z:display up)

then again, that can be altered with just one line of code...
so, if your images are upside down, just flip your device and give it a try :D

'sid

big-d

Reaction score
When I use the manage attachments to upload photos, it gives me an error message for the URL code pulled directly from photobucket and from the same pics loaded directly from my phone? I originally posted the photobucket URL to the body of the post and was told to resize them or make them a thumbnail. Is this function messed up or is it user error? The manage attachments would not work from my computer either?