Hi I am new here, have a quick question....

camdawg655

Reaction score
so i have a #50 chain for a diy go kart i am building and i have a predator 420cc engine mounted to it. the #50 chain is the only chain that fits the sprocket on the rear axle. so what centrifugal clutch do i need??? is it a 40/420/41 centrifugal clutch, or do i need something custom? also i need a 1" bore for the clutch to fit on the shaft of the engine.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
If I was you I would replace that sprocket and chain with a #35 or 40 sprocket and chain. I doubt they make a affordable centrifugal clutch for a chain that big. You probably would end up with a crappy ratio also.

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
I'd use #420 chain and a 40 series torque converter personally. A good clutch that can handle that won't be cheap but neither will a 40 series TC more than likely...just make sure to order an actual comet belt if you go this route. It'll last longer.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Check out this link to see how differing chain numbers share or don't their roller sizes, widths, etc...............
Chain for Go Kart, Mini Bike | GoKarts USA®
Personally I'm not a fan of #40 chain and sprockets for a 1/2" chain choice, because a #40 sprocket is too thick for #41 and #420 chains. You can see it in the chart above, #40 has a 5/16" roller width of the chain, #41 and #420 are only 1/4". Some folks do force it though.