Hi from the North Country

TerryKing

Reaction score
West Topsham, Vermont and WithLacoochee River FL
Hi Everyone, I am In The Woods In Vermont and have lots of engines large and small I'm working on. My "GoKart" is one I built LONG long ago; these days it runs a HF 420CC engine. Photo sometime... (UPDATE: I found a photo):
This is SO early that the first version of it (1956) was before the word "Go-Kart" was known: "The modern form go-kart (1959) was coined in reference to a kind of miniature racing car with a frame body and a two-stroke engine." The original Wisconsin engine, frame and drive system was given to me as an old walk-behind tractor by this old guy named A.C. Gilbert. You may have heard of him, he invented the Erector Set over 100 years ago now. OK, the GoKart / Tractor / ?? :
GilbertTractor-07.JPG

I am particularly working on the HF 212 and 420 cc engines. Having a lot of difficulty finding wiring diagrams. I want to put up some how-to pages on these engines and I am working on the 212cc for a Jon Boat and the 420cc on a 7000W genset that I am working on automating with a young engineer in Africa.

Any pointers to diagrams / information greatly appreciated; I promise to post links to what I develop.

Oh: I found this HF 420cc diagram!
WiringDiagram-HF420ccEngine.jpg

Oh the BOAT:
1536px-JonBoatFL01.jpg (1536×863) (mywikis.net)

Last edited:

TerryKing

Reaction score
West Topsham, Vermont and WithLacoochee River FL
Hi Denny,
Yeah, wow, I got to write more about the buggy and how the 'Old Man' (He was about 65 at the time I was 10) gave it as Parts to me and my friend Mark Landers. More about him HERE, if you're interested.
And more Erector Set Stuff HERE I wrote about a while ago...

I'm waiting for Grandchild #15 to come over in a couple weeks when the snow melts here. He will help me replace the secondary drive chain, which is jumping... We can count links together (He's 6).. Then we'll take a ride :)