Hemi 212cc on cl1i cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercado

Reaction score
I guys im new here and i have a hemi 212cc just install a cl1i cam and i notice i lost a little low end power install a #8 key on it could that key be less like a #7 soo i could get a better low end power

Mrmonk7663

Reaction score
A number 8 key...you need to know who cut the keys and how they are cut. For instance, one vendor marks his keys 1-10 but each increase = 1.3 degrees of timing advance...which with a number 8 would be 10.24 degrees advance, which assuming 24 degrees base would be a few degrees farther than the CL1 needs. Just a thought.

Mercado

Reaction score
Today i change from a 8 to 7 and it felt better from low to midrange tomorrow i think ill try a #5

Mercado

Reaction score
Ok help me here i see alot people view the thread but not to many write if the cam says 31 to 32 timing and i give it more than recomends like 34 what could i spect on driving it alot of botton end speed or top end speed

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Or to much timing could be making me loss power at the first rpm

Mrmonk7663

Reaction score
More timing will shift power curve up and you will lose bottom end. The cam card for cl1 calls for 32degrees. You can run 28-32 degrees fine depending how you want your power curve. Track racers run 34-36 degrees but this is due to the style of racing...not what you will need in a “fun kart”

Mercado

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply today im planing on going down to 30 degrees and im looking for a billet light flywheel to see if its helps the power on the botton and im using the hemi on a minibike

Mercado

Reaction score
Ok but with the flywheel will it help on the botton or just up top and i will loose torque on the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.