Reaction score
This meets all my requirements:

Supposedly fits in my vehicle.
2 seater
Cheap
Has 4 wheels
American made.

These are my questions:
Will that motor need to be junked for its gas tank or can I salvage it? I'd prefer to have it as a flathead because flatties have a bit of charm that you don't find in a P212. I'm assuming the carb diaphragm is probably shot.

TAV looks a bit rusted. Kartfab seems to think any TAV can be cleaned back to glory so I doubt this will be an issue.

Should I buy it?

https://longisland.craigslist.org/for/d/go-kart/6656490213.html

anickode

Reaction score
Without an air cleaner, it's highly probable that the engine has water in it. It won't be a gas and go, that's for sure.

But the I/C engines are pretty beefy, and it'll be worth something to someone if you decide not to fix it up.

Tpdingo

Reaction score
Ok, so what I've read, these are my conclusions.

-I should buy it.

-Cleaning the motor shouldn't be too hard.

-The intake track will need to be derusted and cleaned.

Seems not too difficult. What should I do about the carb. Looks to be a pulsa jet carb. If I remember correctly, I think those are the ones with the nasty diaphragm that likes to crack.

Nosandwich

The REAL Poboy
Reaction score
Ok, so what I've read, these are my conclusions.

-I should buy it.

-Cleaning the motor shouldn't be too hard.

-The intake track will need to be derusted and cleaned.

Seems not too difficult. What should I do about the carb. Looks to be a pulsa jet carb. If I remember correctly, I think those are the ones with the nasty diaphragm that likes to crack.

Which are cheap and easy to replace.

Randy H

Reaction score
One option would be Briggs #691922 and a Tecumseh adjustable carb or China PZ19 slide carb.

http://tewarehouse.com/691922

The adapter is a bit pricey $40ish, maybe you could make your own adapter. Carb under $15. Then fuel tank /pump maybe, fuel lines, filter/adapter. It would be money spent towards performance, cool factor.

I may have a Briggs fuel tank I would part with, if worse comes to worse and you don't t want to mess with it to much. PM me if you wish.

FYI, to use the #691922 intake you need three bolt hole intake block. Pic is a Raptor block. No governor hole.

Attachments

• 691922.jpg
    691922.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 0
  • PSX_20180730_133159.jpg
    PSX_20180730_133159.jpg
    964.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Tpdingo

Reaction score
That would be helpful. I have a spare Tecumseh carb that I cleaned a while back that likely works just fine. Would prefer the new tank option though. I really don't want to P212 this motor if I don't have to.

I just hope PB-Blaster does its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.