Status
Not open for further replies.

jace

Reaction score
can anybody tell me what company made this go kart

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
unfortunately, no, but blaz can tell you. just curious, but what did you pay for it, you may have gotten a good deal (comet tc!)

bighead

Reaction score
Is that a motor plate for two motors? what kind of brakes does it have? Look to make sure the wheels point strait. fixing bent frames and spindles sucks.

Maybe a Murray two seater if I had to guess.

jace

Reaction score
does it look bent to you :( i dont think it a second motor mount i belive there was a basket on it

redsox985

Reaction score
Like they said above, check to make sure it's all straight, see if it runs, check that the TC unit isn't frozen up, and make sure the tires hold air even if they're bald this means that they either have tubes or the rims aren't bent.

bighead

Reaction score
Good deal for $100 bucks. Even better if you have a motor already. Make a front cage would be cool. And you would give it your own look. also spin the axle to make sure it is not bent and wobbeling. Take the chain off if you have to.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Its a Manco model 485. Its a live axle kart, 1" live axle, they made them with both band and disk brakes depending on the year and it has at the very least one of the 2 torque converter clutches on the kart.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Please do me the favor of throwing the thanks up there when I give you prevalent information, its one of my only incentives to give knowledge out online.

I'd need more pictures to tell you regarding this model, there are a few karts by Manco which only had half cages, many had full. A half cage is a great starting point to complete the cage, it saves time and money on design.

jace

Reaction score
well i see one on your website that looks exactly the same and it has a half cage so i might just leave it like that

brslk

Reaction score
Please do me the favor of throwing the thanks up there when I give you prevalent information, its one of my only incentives to give knowledge out online.

I'd need more pictures to tell you regarding this model, there are a few karts by Manco which only had half cages, many had full. A half cage is a great starting point to complete the cage, it saves time and money on design.

New here but that was one of the rudest things I have read.

If you are only posting for praise then perhaps you shouldn't post at all.

:idea2:

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
New here but that was one of the rudest things I have read.

If you are only posting for praise then perhaps you shouldn't post at all.

:idea2:

3 points.

1. You can't take a joke. I say things like that because I feel this website has a really cool system in effect of thanks. It has no worth and is just there for fun, I'd just like people to use it more when it has value. I like almost everyone on here gives out knowledge due to the fact that they want to see people complete their projects efficiently and safely. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who would give out advice for the sake of online kudos(any sane person).

2. You've given 2 comments on this forum. The first was grave digging on a several month old post regarding kid's safety, odds are since that individual has completed his kart more than 4 months ago he isn't looking online for input anymore. Your second comment was this one, which you took in the wrong way in an attempt to insult me for my general vanity.

3. I generally only make comments when I've been asked to do so or am trying to correct something which has been said incorrectly earlier in a posting which will cost someone time, money, and/or have serious safety concerns. This is done in my spare time because I feel like helping people, its information I have that I feel should be shared. Go-Karts are fun, people want to build them and often don't know where to start.

If you don't want me to post on your thread I really won't, thats fine. Best of luck to you in your project(if you have one), I had no intention of coming off as rude, but to someone who hasn't been paying attention I'm sure it could, somehow, possibly, might seem that way.

In short, the following picture surmises my point.

well i see one on your website that looks exactly the same and it has a half cage so i might just leave it like that

Not trying to derail your thread there Jace, keep posting and we'll keep giving you answers when we have them, thats the point of this. The half cage has a specific point of design and looks kinda cool, Thunder-Kart had similar design. On a safety note however a full cage will keep you safe if you run into a fence or the back of a truck etc.

KieranM

Doin It!!
Reaction score
1. You can't take a joke. I say things like that because I feel this website has a really cool system in effect of thanks. It has no worth and is just there for fun, I'd just like people to use it more when it has value.

No offence but if its a joke include one of these >>>> :D Makes it alot clearer

Status
Not open for further replies.