Hello my names mike I just bought a Clark yard kart it’s a 320 or a 325 I need to check the hp ,,, I am In Connecticut,,, pretty original condition

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
I literally just forgot to look all the tags are intact thanks for offering but I think I’m good I even have the manual....

Just to be sure you're good, right at the top of that manual you see "H35, HS40 and HS50" printed there. H = Horizontal Shaft engine. HS = Horizontal Small Frame and the 35, 40 and 50 stands for 3.5, 4.0 and 5.0 horse power, respectively.

Your engine model number starting with H should be stamped into the blower housing on the top or the left or right side.

Nice original kart and engine. Wouldn't do a thing to it, but clean it gently with soap and water and do regular maintenance. I'd have to fix the bent steering wheel however. I see the carburetor has been replaced but that's okay. Modern fuels suck and probably ruined the original carb.

Here's a link for the Tecumseh L-Head service manual: https://www.smallenginesuppliers.co...cumseh_L-Head_Engines_Service_Information.pdf

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
The OP has written the most informative thread title in the history of this forum! I expected to see his preferred pronouns and his age (whoops, did I just assume his/her gender?) in the title too, but maybe he (whoops, sorry!) ran out of room.

You mean because there is a gap here it is bent?

That could be it. Are you starting to see what I am seeing? Open wide your third eye, brother!

I'd take the wheel off or check to see if that gap is indeed a gap and whether it is just in that spot or all the way around or not. Only the OP knows if it is bent or not. It may all be just a matter of perspective like that glass half full, glass half empty kind of horsesh#t, I don't know. . .
:roflol:

And again, I realized this thread has gone way beyond the confines of the Introduce Yourself! subforum. :mad2:
I guess I am a strict rules-based forum Nazi, but I am okay with that.