gy6 150 cart question

vegasboy

Reaction score
Im thinking about installing a gy6 150 on my trike but i cant any pics online showing the final chain drive up to the engine. Is it just a splined pipe with a small sprocket attached to it hanging off the shaft where the original scooter tire fit? Is the output shaft supported on the other side? Anybody on here care to share some pics of this if you can? My trike has a regular 1in gokart axle on it, if that helps. Thanks

Karttekk

Reaction score
Not sure what you're asking but on a GY6 150cc buggy the engine crankshaft protrudes into the belt drive area into the variator which in turn turns the belt that drives the driven clutch. The driven clutch is on a shaft that protrudes into the transmission area where reverse is. On the end of that shaft is a splined piece that the sprocket for the drive chain rides on. The drive chain goes around the axle sprocket.

Attachments

• GY6 drivetrain.jpg
    GY6 drivetrain.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Drivetrain_2.jpg
    Drivetrain_2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Drivetrain_3.jpg
    Drivetrain_3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Drive_4.jpg
    Drive_4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 5

Snaker

Reaction score
This is the area where you have to be careful with knowing what you have.
The GY6 label gets thrown on all kinds of powerplants that are supposedly based on the Honda GY6 scooter design.
Some are full copies and some are a whole different animal.
The basics are a 2 piece case that contains the engine crankcase, CVT and gearbox.
Some carts seemed to use a actual scooter powerplant and replaced the wheel with a final chain and sprocket.
Some carts used the scooter powerplant and added a external gearbox with reverse.
Some carts used a special non-scooter case with a cart specific internal reverse gearbox.

Go to American Landmaster and browse through the manual section, the 200 series for one

vegasboy

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies, I just wanted to make sure this sprocket goes on the shaft down to the axle. Is it safe to run the output shaft unsupported?