Governer removal issue. Coleman ct200u

ColemanCTpassion

Reaction score
so I decided to remove my governor on my Coleman ct200u. I accidentally pulled the camshaft out while searching for the governor. once I did that of course one of my valve pushrods came out. I have since removed the valve cover and seated my pushrods correctly. I have great spark and compression, even checked the kill switch. have 97 octane fuel to it as well. the darn thing just WILL NOT start. there's no hole in the case, because I didn't remove the pin the governor spun on. I cant figure this darned thing out

pearl111

Reaction score
The crankshaft and the camshaft each have a dot or dimple.Take the sidecover off and make sure they line up with each other.

ColemanCTpassion

Reaction score
I would say that I did. I figured that was my issue so I opened the case and lined them up to as close as I could get them. Anyone have any pictures or videos I could watch to see where they should be? Someone told me if my timing was off, I wouldn't have spark. Idk how true that is

mckutzy

Reaction score
First why 97 and not 87 fuel... thats a big difference for these engines... What country are you from, The rating will be different from other countries elsewhere from NA)

Did you reset the valve lash after the push rods fell out, when you pulled the valve cover?...

ColemanCTpassion

Reaction score
Yes, at least I think I did. One was pretty snug, and the other had some play in it, so I tried to tighten it to where the other one was. Should one have a little play?

And because I was running low on gas and to get to work I used last years 87 thats been sitting in the shed and it ran like crap. Ended up draining the tank at the end of the day and filling it with premium. Ran like a dream.

mckutzy

Reaction score
Try for a lower octane fuel.. it'll run better.. the compression ratio for these is 8:1 or 9:1.. around there..

You used a feeler gauge, for the relash???

ColemanCTpassion

Reaction score
I did not. Do you think if I properly did so, it would run? And I will change my octane after this tank. I'm not even sure how to use a feeler. I'd have to buy one. I'm pretty new to this