• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Good set of drill bits...

Reaction score
I am ready to invest in some good drill bits, so far all I have used the cheapo sets from Harbor Freight or Home Depot and are good for a few drills until the bit is useless. I know good drill bots are not cheap but I would like some decent ones that I can possibly sharpen or somehow extend the life of them. Anyone have any recommendation for good metal drill bits and maybe a sharpener (if that is still a thing)?

Thanks!

Joe-405

Enjoying New Projects
Reaction score
Jobber drill bits are the answer. “Jobber” being not the brand but a commercial grade quality usually

the pic is a good example. I actually sliced my finger just grabbing one at my buddies shop one day. He swears by this exact one. He owns a full blown drag race chassis shop.

Attachments

• E13C7280-D165-4547-9672-3A567E11D817.jpeg
    E13C7280-D165-4547-9672-3A567E11D817.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 12

AndyAndyAndy

Reaction score
Are they any stronger? My drill bit lifespan is usually about 20 minutes of drilling before braking them in half.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
If you need to drill into metal a lot, get a set of Cobalt M35 or M42 (Cobalt as the metal not the Kobalt brand) bits. Longer lasting compared to high speed steel. https://www.amazon.com/Irwin-Tools-3018002-Cobalt-Metal/dp/B000BO9JMK?th=1&psc=1

I74

Reaction score
Lawson commercial bits used to be real good.
They are, or were,, a vendor for commercial shops.
Not even sure if they are around any more …..

I74

Reaction score