Go Kart Wheels vs Hand Cart Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's been some talk lately about what kind of wheels and tires to use. A go kart wheel and tire will stand up to speed and rough use. A hand cart wheel is something like you'd see on a wagon or a mover's dolly (hand truck/hand cart) Here's some advice:

COMBOS FOR FIXED AXLE KARTS:

This combo is around $25

and is suited for the front wheels or the back (non-drive) wheel. It includes wheel rim, hub, tire, and tube.

This combo is ready for the drive wheel

note the double flanged hub that is ready for mounting a sprocket to.

These wheels and tires are for HAND TRUCKS.

and they are not suited for go karts. The bearings will burn up and the tires will disintegrate. If you're paying around $10 for a combo like this new, then you're buying hand cart junk.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To get a little fancier, there are these cool aluminum rims!

These wheel rims are aluminum and tough

but might not be the answer for off road applications since they're aluminum. (but they are really tough!)

Plus a Tire (knobby, treaded, or slick)

Plus this Tube

Plus these Bearings

And you'll have the free-spinning wheels for the front. If you want to use that wheel for the back, then you'll use the LIVE AXLE VERSION which won't need any bearings at all, it will mount up to the axle directly.

I can't figure out how to use these for a fixed axle configuration because I've never seen a sprocket holder that would fit between this wheel and the sprocket. So I believe they're limited to live-axle applications.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
those hand truck wheels are complete rubbish!!! arghhh i bought too many of them you save more money to jus go with good wheels, trust me...

Status
Not open for further replies.