Go kart project

chebly sobra

Reaction score
Whats up guys?

So recently I purchased a go kart project, including the frame, whells and the body. It is a shelby cobra replica. The issue is that I do not know muchabout go karts.

I have tried reading and watching videos but I would like some help before making further purchases. I would like some tips on where to start, perhaps a plan of approach. I have listed some parts I have been looking at.

I would appreciate any help or recommendations.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-11 at 1.14.58 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-11 at 1.14.58 PM.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 20

panchothedog

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The internet is full of stuff. If you want one stop shopping and customer support if needed here are two. Go Power Sports and
OMB Warehouse will have everything you have listed. Many other suppliers out there. I mention these because I have done quite a bit of business with both
them. Nice looking Cobra bodies.

chebly sobra

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The internet is full of stuff. If you want one stop shopping and customer support if needed here are two. Go Power Sports and
OMB Warehouse will have everything you have listed. Many other suppliers out there. I mention these because I have done quite a bit of business with both
them. Nice looking Cobra bodies.
Thanks for the suggestions. Will certainly look into them.

Big Bob

Reaction score
The silver body will never work for you. Common knowledge silver Cobras are jinxed with trouble even if you paint them. I am more than willing to take it off your hands for a decent price so you can avoid the nightmare of the Silver Cobra. PM me if you wish to keep your sanity. :giggle:

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I heard the red ones melt if you look at them too intensely. Therefore, my shipping address will be forthcoming.

JimD

Reaction score
Are you going to drive them around on the street are are you going to put them in parades? You can very easily just use a clutch with the correct gearing and tire size but if it is a lot of stop and go driving then you definitely would want a torque converter. The biggest problem with the t/c is lack of air movement since everything in back is closed that is why I am suggesting just a clutch - we make both but each have there own short fall. keeping the tires around 12" to 13" max will give you flexibility to go either way. Another option is look at the Honda engine with the built-in wet clutch and it has 2:1 gear reduction which gives you a lot of gearing choices as to speed depending on what you are going to do.