glowing clutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Reaction score
i just finished my bike then i take it for a long ryde i then i came to this huge hill
i culdent get a run on it tho so i was had the throttle on full and i weas doing like 20mph then i heard a pop looked at the clutch it was starting to glo red then my chain came off now when i start the bike it trys to move without eny revs i think ive cooked the spring is ther any was to fix it ?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yeah sounds like you screwed the clutch. when the engine is off -- is the clutch engaged?

robin

Reaction score
tor when its running it just engages at a lower rpm and i find if i just give it full throttle it dont fully lock up till about 30mph but if i get to about 20 then let of the throttle then llet it back on it acelerrate faster

robin

Reaction score
erm the clutch totaly went it the brushing has melted and i cantand some of its disapeard i think

athif

Reaction score
ooo, yhea u definetly screwed the clutch, dont bother trying to fix it cause once u open it up u need a machine to put in the new high resistant springs which would cost u even more money, just buy a new one, its alot better.

robin

Reaction score
i did fix the clutch i replaced the bering what was left with it with steel tube it worked perfect till the clutch came lose and flew apart ime thinking of gering up the motor so that it spins the clutch way faster

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
That might just burn up the clutch faster as the clutch still has to face the resistance of turning the wheels on the other end. Or it might try to engage at rpm's that are way too low for the engine. At least that's what I think, I could be wrong.

robin

Reaction score
erm i had a 10 toth sprocket with a 53 on the wheel and the wheel is 22inch

i switced to a 40t on the rear and and my frend got 70down a hill i dident have the balls to do it tho ina real bike but not that tho it did about the same up hills with the 35tooth setup apart from real long hills my engin tops out at about 4700rpm ime going to tak the engine out do more porting and polishing make new manafolds bigger and a better exhaust and clean the frame

Last edited:

robin

Reaction score
i tok of what wasalreay on the clock and so far ive done about 250miles thats in the week i was driving it befor it broke

robin

Reaction score
yeh thats why ime am gering it to engage at lower rpm and its a 8hp and thats wht the cluthes are rated for

Status
Not open for further replies.