Gearing on dual motor setup

5814SpeedCo

Reaction score
I am near completion with my dual motor off-road buggy and had someone ask me a question I'm not familiar with. They asked if I was going to run the same gearing on both motors or one for high and one for low. Would that be possible and would I in theory need two different pedals or one pedal still work? I planned on just doing the same gearing but now this has my interested.

Oh and picture of my dual motors coming along more. Ignore the throttle cable, will be getting that situation done this week.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 8

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Personally I'd run them both in sync at a higher gearing than usual. It'd still have lot of takeoff, plus it'll sound a lot cooler than having two engines running at different RPM. Then ya only need one pedal as well. If you do decide to do the one high one low idea though, you could set up the second engine to run a thumb throttle to make it simpler and safer to drive.

5814SpeedCo

Reaction score
Personally I'd run them both in sync at a higher gearing than usual. It'd still have lot of takeoff, plus it'll sound a lot cooler than having two engines running at different RPM. Then ya only need one pedal as well. If you do decide to do the one high one low idea though, you could set up the second engine to run a thumb throttle to make it simpler and safer to drive.

They are both currently geared with 10T/60T and 22" tires all around. It's surprisingly not as heavy as I thought either.

Powersrp

Reaction score
First, make sure you set the idle on both so they are the same rpm, might want to order 2 hand held tachs, so you can watch both as you adjust cables.