Full throttle lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

tundrabeagle3

Reaction score
I have a predator 212 that hesitates a little before it begins to accelerate at full throttle. Does this mean that I am running to rich or lean? I cant tell by the spark plug as all my plugs are black from when i lay it down and oil gets into the cylinder.

Nodroz

Reaction score
Huh? How come you lay your engine down so oil gets in the cylinder?
As far as I know throttle response has to do with the air screw. Try adjusting that until it gets better.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Tip #1- Don't lay it down like that.
Tip#2- Clean the plug, do a test run, then check it
Tip#3- If you suspect a lean condition, try a test run with choke partway closed. If things improve, you're lean.
Tip#4- Having crap all over your spark plug is not considered a performance enhancement.

Build a kickstand!

tundrabeagle3

Reaction score
Huh? How come you lay your engine down so oil gets in the cylinder?
As far as I know throttle response has to do with the air screw. Try adjusting that until it gets better.

sometimes i crash, flying over the handle bars and the bike stays running on its side (smoking)burning up oil until i can get up and ride it home. What do i set the air mixture screw for example at 2 turns outs ect?

jamyers

Reaction score
Initial idle mix screw setting = 1.5 turns out, then adjust for best idle.

If its too lean / rich when running above idle, then you'll have to rejet

tundrabeagle3

Reaction score
alright thanks guys, it seems to run best with with air/ mix screw out as far as possible. I'm guessing this means my pilot jet is kinda lean. I am running a 14cc head, k&n style air filter , with the stock exhaust. The main jet is a 90 and the pilot is stock. After a few hours of riding on it i got used to the lag it doesn't happen if I ease into the throttle, only when i go full throttle, is this normal?

tundrabeagle3

Reaction score
i was crossing the crosswalk walk and got hit,not sure what exactly happened because it happened very fast just glad to be alive and not have any broken bones

Status
Not open for further replies.