Front wheel hub with disc brake mounts for Manco Intruder 2

erchuero

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am not sure who has tried to do a front brake addition to a manco intruder, or any go kart with 5/8 inch front axle for that matter.

But I am trying to find a wheel hub that has front disc brake mounts, as i bought the 3 brake system off of GPS with the intention of swapping out the rear hex axle for a 1 inch round with disc brake in rear and disc brakes up front.

I also bought a chinese front wheel hub with the standard 6 hole disc brake mount, and the holes line up for mounting the rotor, but i did not notice the fact that they were for a 17mm axle... (And the stock axle on Manco is too long anyways).

So my question is, has anyone found a front wheel hub with rotor mounts for disc brakes that fits 5/8 inch axles?

The closest thing i have found is this Trailmaster Wheel Hub but the bearing looks to be 15mm ID x 35mm OD. Since 15mm is slightly smaller than 5/8 i am assuming they will not fit.

I don't have a bearing puller, or else i would pull it on the chinese 17mm wheel hub to see if the outer diameter is 1 3/8 inch (basically 35mm) and maybe just order some 5/8 bearings, so if all else fails, that is my plan, followed by getting the trailmaster ones above and swapping out the bearings since they are in fact 35mm OD.

What do you guys think?

Karttekk

Reaction score
If you're going to be into it that much already why not replace the spindles with matching Trailmaster if possible so everything works right?

erchuero

Reaction score
I doubt those spindle/knuckles would fit. The Manco intruder 2 control arm and spindle is an odd setup, so I am trying to use the existing spindles to change as little as possible.

Here is the Manco control arm and spindle setup. I have spare spindles, but not control arms. So I can modify the spindle, and luckily the threads are very long, so I can fit shorter wheel hubs and just cut off some threads, because the stock hub is 4 inches deep, but most other hubs with the rotor mount are only 3 inches deep.20200908_173315.jpg20200908_173325.jpg

erchuero

Reaction score
I also pulled off the seal, and my Chinese wheel hubs have a 40mm OD bearing, so I can just get some 16mm ID x 40mm OD bearings to fit the 5/8 inch axle.

Now to get the inner bearing puller and a vice to mount to my work bench....