Free Power? Hoax? ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
So apparently this guy and others on line have invented A way to make free energy using electric generators that on once started power themselves!
These are old videos, but it appears to work. :idea2:
here is no such thing as free energy they claim energy from the "The Quantum field" or "Ground Zero"

Someone Explain why this is B.S.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv53K9MnDuM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-a8QAeCoNU

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

Quantum energy generator... Perpetual energy machine.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
I really need to explain that to you?

100% BS.. everytime all the time, no matter what's the claim..

simple fact is.. a generator creates heat, it's bearings alone will do so (no accessorie plugged in)

So no matter what you do the electric power output will be SMALLER than the mechanical power input; and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that.

as soon as there's friction, there will be powerloss.

The electric motor again looses power to friction (~20% realistically) so whatever electric power you put in, 20% of that is converted to heat and lost at the mechanical power out.

so yeah.. 100% power to the motor(ac) means 80% to the generator, means 64% back to the motor converted back to mechanical power inside the motor (one cylce, and 49% of all power is lost already) 51.9% back to the generator... 40.9 back to the motor and so on and so forth...

there's nothing but a hidden powerplug (inside the table leg.. running below the table into the "control box" (that's in fact nothing but a toggle switch to en/disable said hidden cable)

The BEST thing so far in terms of "oh that totally looks like free energy" is in fact a huge array of capacitors discharging into the coils of a motor which then at a fraction uses the motors inertia to recharge the caps.
That system to my best knowledges is about the most effective one. (powering nothing but itself) in can run for a veeery long time (hours not days!)

thingamagnetic... wait... QuantaMagnetics
explanation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI9aFUGtzU8
Great video.. watch... if you only want to see it running (sounds nasty I tell you)
running "device":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5Ln5hogw6Q

Anyhow
apart from what we get from renewable sources.. there is no sch thing as overunity or free energy PERIOD!

'sid

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Well Joe.. it's a bit upsetting I'm afraid..

Not that some people are actually posting a "fake video" on the internet and fake babbling shirt about what they did;
that's just the way the pig runs in this sort of pen;

What really crawls beneath my skin is that SOME of those are actually fraudulent enough to CLAIM to be able to do that stuff for real and are "willing to share for a fee of just 99.99..."
And worse the poor idiots that actually fall for that enough to spend hard earned money for a "how to" or "free energy kitt" or... whatever that'll never work.

It's the difference between posting "all in good fun" and being recognizable as that.. and being a fraudulent 455 bored hole trying to pickpocket uneducated people on the internetz.

there's a whole channel for example (veproject1)
That posts dozens of fascinating to watch perpetual motion machines, "invented" decades or even centuries ago.
Mostly wooden mechanical contraptions with simple dowels that run and run and run....
baffling to watch.
say this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9xNN0XtPk8

THE GOOD thing about said channel is they do have a disclaimer on their website
IMPORTANT!

My Perpetual Motion Machines models are of motorized versions that were built to illustrate how they were supposed to work in the minds of Inventors. Never mind what educational level we are at, we all miss something that goes beyond the usual scientific explanations. Fundamental Science, Physics Laws and boring Laws of Thermodynamics bring the ‘flight’ of Inventors’ ideas to land. ......

And that makes it the "ah that looks amazing.. I wish it'd work" kind of fake video (I actually don't like to call it fake; it's deceiving, yes.. but meant for fun.. to explain what the "inventor" meant to create. not to betray anybody)
frankly.. his' kits (if he'd sell them) I think I'd buy one or two as a desk toy.

Calling them real and we're back at HHO or Geet generators, Saltwater engines and the overunity devices from above... pay money and get nothing but a pile of worthless paper in return.

'sid

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
it's indeed interesting to see what people do come up with..

I kind like those videos really, but I see them as a kind of "magic trick" and try to identify
where the power is coming from (with small 'magnets' being in fact button cells.. or large motors are in fact running small rc motors inside a large case together with a matching bat-pack and so on)
hidden cables are cheap.. not even original ... seen some induction coil setups in the past that really look convincing even to the trained eye..
(like the wireless charger you can have for your cell phone)

In the end if you cannot disassemble and inspect all the parts yourself,
there is at least one way to cheat.

The one thing you cannot betray is the first law of thermodynamics

And since perpetual motion is impossible overunity (perpetual motion while extracting power from the system in question) is as well.

We can harness wind or solar power (that's free with the necessary devices aka solar cells or wind generators) we can even suck heat off volcanos to create power if we like (it's not as trivial tbh)
but we don't ... frankly the methane alone from all the cattle in the US burned for power would help creating litterally a crap ton of power.

But nobody seems to be interested enough yet... (apart from a handfull of people alright)
I think we should care about power, efficiency, storage and -I'm afraid- consumption as well...
But please nobody should waste time or worse MONEY to fall for dubious and fraudulent claims about free energy and overunity devices.
As soon as they ask for money you'll know it's fraud, simple as that really ;)

'sid

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
What about the magnetic engines. Yeah first rule. But it's a magnet. There is stored energy in them. Should run for years until magnets lose strength right.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
unless you can perfectly shield a magnetic field.. NO unfortunately..
many hundreds of tries online.. some very very close ... it looks like they ALMOST got it running.. but then, the magnets find their equilibrium of least resistance (attracting and repelling forces) and settle in.
No way around that either; since the magnetic field will never be uniform, never be perfect...
and worst is influenced by any metal part several meters away and the earths magnetic field as well.
very strong neodymium magnets look promising but they too fail after a few revolutions only.
Magnetic monopoles have not yet been discovered :(

There is one contraption that is said to run only on magnetic energy for a few years now (a norwegian or swedish artist made that IIRC...)
IDK.. mustn't be touched, and can only be inspected visually for a few hours a day at best.
might work but frankly I still think there's a battery and a motor hidden somewhere..
but it looks nice indeed.

Wait.. I'll look it up...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEkK87m-2B8

a beauty.. isn't it?

then there's the more common trickery..

say this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqG-TL0WnjE

looks convincing, right? everything you see is exactly WHAT you see...
it's what you do not see that makes it work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plMTKyx4Fgc ;)

'sid

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
One thing I found Really interesting, in another video is this weird little fact.

I electrical impulses in the Human brain runs at 7.63 Mhz and The magnetic fields found in our atmosphere are also 7.63Mhz.

Odd Coincidence.

I have always found electricity or the flow of electrons and Magnetic fields very intriguing. I have just never studied them in an educational setting.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
okay too much youtubeing now. thanks guys.

itsid. what about this one? they open it up at the end?

They disassembled HALF of it...
make a fist..that's approximately the size you need for rc plane motor creating mayhem to all paperwork in that room.. another for a batpack to power it.
One such block and a small drive belt (say in the face or backplate)
will be enough to make it look like that.

Look closely.. the guy is fumbling on the lower half of the "magic" when the motor runs.. he's removing the top half to show to the spectators.

Fishy...

But most telling: that video is over six years old (taken april 20th of 2010) .. SIX years where the 'free energy is working and available'
where is it? Why don't we all own one?

you tell me if you'd have the courage to buy one for 15000 bucks.
or even for 2000 bucks just to get a much nicer but fictional pricetag.
read on:
http://revolution-green.com/yilditz-magnetic-motor-update/

And, what do you think?

other vid.. nice could be staged, might be legit.. audible phenomena are tough... a "secret" supersonic fighter jet test and we'll never know what caused the boom followed by grumbling ;)
the hum (trumpet) many heard many described...
Fun thing: while many can hear it, most can't. and it's always on rainy or at least very cloudy days for all I know.. I have no idea..
electrical discharge between different layers of clouds could in theory produce an electric hum at different frequencies depending on the distance and charge.
But I never ehard such thing myself.. and know noone that did.

but let's not change subject too much ;)

'sid

Functional Artist

Reaction score
free power/perpetual motion

Disclaimer: Most of this stuff is waaaay beyond me. :cornut:

I understand that perpetual motion is theoretically impossible.

But, I have had a concept bouncing around in my head for years.

Someone has probably already tried it.

For discussion purposes, I'll throw it out there anyways. :thumbsup:

Contemplate a situation where there are several isolated "fuel pods" running, lets say, a motor on a kart.

I originally thought of air as a power source but, electric would probably be more efficient.

Lets go with electric, for now.

So, you have a motor & a generator hooked to your axle & lets say 10 or 100 or whatever batteries or more likely capacitors as a "fuel pod" & you have lets say 10 isolated pods.

The system starts off fully charged.

The motor draws from (runs off of) pod 1.

When depleted (well not depleted but, you know) a microprocessor switches the motor to draw from to pod 2 & the generator begins chargeing up pod 1.

When pod 2 is depleted it switches to pod 3 & the generator switches to 2 and so on.

Have any idea how long this may theoretically run?

I know there will be losses but, how great?

It seem to me (a novice) that a few feet, yards, miles (whatever) down the road when you finally get to pod 10, pod 1 is rip roaring to go & so on.

Any potential or purely fantasy? :idea2:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: Most of this stuff is waaaay beyond me. :cornut:

I understand that perpetual motion is theoretically impossible.

But, I have had a concept bouncing around in my head for years.

Someone has probably already tried it.

For discussion purposes, I'll throw it out there anyways. :thumbsup:
Any potential or purely fantasy? :idea2:

Well that's basically what the machine I posted above does..(third post)
three cap banks fully charged.. discharging into coils (pulsed motor)
peaks (both) are being picked up by another set of coils and fed into the other two cap banks to recharge. over and over..
yes, to reduce partscount and friction and all that both sets (motor and generator coils) are inside the same box, with one common rotating shaft... but it's the same (just more efficient) as running a motor and a generator side by side with a chain or belt in between
like in the first post.

or am I misunderstanding your concept?

'sid

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Yes, the machine in the third post is what kinda reminded me. :thumbsup:

I guess... just with a larger capacity (more than 3 pods).

Like, 10 pods or more.

I know it wouldn't be perpetual motion but...

I am probably oversimplifying things but,

Imagine a small, light kart with a small efficient motor & generator.

and lets say 80 lbs.(or metric equivalent) of capacitors. (~weight of ICE & TC)

total weight with rider ~350lbs.

running on IDK 6" wheels.

*If I leave St. Louis @ 4:55am how quick can I make it home for dinner?:lolgoku:

Seriously,

It seems, to me, like it would go for awhile before the losses would catch up.

Would it even work in the real world? not on a bench.

If so, how far could that kart theoretically go before it's totally depleted?

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
in theory. 15% less then it would travel if you just used all 10 pods without recharging. Assuming you are getting an 85% efficiency out of the charging system. but then you add in drag and weight of system. There in lies the problem. you cant put out more power then you have. If your using some of it and also trying to charge back with the rest then your not using all the power you have in the beginning. so you drive slower while charging.

I would say try it. real world probably 50% the distance of just using the batteries.

You could add in regenerative charging from the brakes? That would get you a little more distance. Basically putting the energy back into a battery that was used to power it in the first place.

Better yet get to a really high hill and you wont need any power. use gravity! There doing that in Arizona with trains. pulling trains to top of hill with solar and wind and at night letting the train generate power back. Still 85% stored from original solar and wind. so you loose 15% in storing it.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

They disassembled HALF of it...
make a fist..that's approximately the size you need for rc plane motor creating mayhem to all paperwork in that room.. another for a batpack to power it.
One such block and a small drive belt (say in the face or backplate)
will be enough to make it look like that.

Look closely.. the guy is fumbling on the lower half of the "magic" when the motor runs.. he's removing the top half to show to the spectators.

Fishy...

But most telling: that video is over six years old (taken april 20th of 2010) .. SIX years where the 'free energy is working and available'
where is it? Why don't we all own one?

you tell me if you'd have the courage to buy one for 15000 bucks.
or even for 2000 bucks just to get a much nicer but fictional pricetag.
read on:
http://revolution-green.com/yilditz-magnetic-motor-update/

And, what do you think?

other vid.. nice could be staged, might be legit.. audible phenomena are tough... a "secret" supersonic fighter jet test and we'll never know what caused the boom followed by grumbling ;)
the hum (trumpet) many heard many described...
Fun thing: while many can hear it, most can't. and it's always on rainy or at least very cloudy days for all I know.. I have no idea..
electrical discharge between different layers of clouds could in theory produce an electric hum at different frequencies depending on the distance and charge.
But I never ehard such thing myself.. and know noone that did.

but let's not change subject too much ;)

'sid

i dont know. but i heard a loud bang last month. sounded like dynamite going off. but i do live in a bad area. could of been gun shots. Didn't sound like gunshots though. sounded like a building blowing up! :2guns:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
regenerative braking is in nearly all modern day controllers available..
Well, caps can spill and take charges much quicker than chemical batteries of course, thus the "loss" for actual charging is minimized (to nearly zero in fact)
but capacitors are really nasty to handle, since it's static charge indeed and it can be discharged in an instant it'll not zapp you it'll easily kill you before your muscles even twitch.
(taking a large enoug cap bank to store enough energy for a decent amount of time)

But as profit said..
recharging the caps during the ride will only reduce the charge (your 'mpg' )available..
recharging with a motor brake will enhance the available charge (mpg) available.
And you don't need no generator to do so.. (the weight of it does not get compensated by the better efficiency I'd say) since a forcefully turned motor will generate electric power anyways that can be used (at a maybe lower efficiency rate as a generator would)
Also high density caps are painfully expensive and may still leak (air humidity and high voltage)
so a chemical battery is in the end the more promising storage device anyways.

And we're back at what you have on elDingo already..

'sid

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Don't worry fellas, I am not gonna be playing with a bunch of capacitors any time soon. :thumbsup:

Here is where I was coming from:

I was thinking from the "for every action there is an (equal) reaction" concept.

I guess the key word is equal.

Years ago, I read about a vehicle (in France, I think) that ran on air power.

The article said that they were running it @ ~4,000 psi.

I said to myself, "that's a rolling bomb" but, it may be safer if you spread the volume among several tanks.

..and by having several separate tanks you could power a motor off of one while filling another.

..not trying to discharge & recharge the same tank at the same time.

I noticed that if I continue to use my air grinder while the compressor is running (trying to recharge the tank) it takes for ever to fill up. but if I stop using volume from the tank it charges quicker.

That's what kinda got the gears going. :idea2:

I imagined a kart with like 4 air tanks hooked to a manually operated manifold & to a compressor & also to an air powered motor.

Thinking it thru, I dismissed this idea long ago, because I know you can discharge an air tank much quicker than you can charge one.

Bouncing around ideas, I thought how about electric?

Batteries take longer to discharge & maybe an electrical generator would be more efficient than a mechanical compressor.

But, still you can discharge battery's quicker than recharge them.

So, No.

Not possible, until technology comes up with super efficient motors, generators, a new kinda storage device &/or zero friction bearings.

Then when video 3 mentioned capacitors. I was like hmmmmm.

I never thought about capacitors quick charging capabilities.

So, I figured I would add this "new" factor in the equation & run the concept by you guys to dissect. :cheers2:

Status
Not open for further replies.