• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Firefox 3 Download day

Status
Not open for further replies.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Firefox 3 Download Day is today! Help break the world record for the most downloaded software in 24 hours by going to www.spreadfirefox.com and get your certificate!

If you're an IE loyalist... I'm sorry... :roflol:

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
I was weened on Netscape back in 1995.
AOL did a nice job of :censored::furious2: it up. Now gone forever.

Yeah, I remember netscape. Looking for hopefully a new version of it is how I came across Mozilla years ago. Used that until they released firefox. Never looked back on IE.... It's one of the first things that gets installed whenever I have to reinstall windows on my machines.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Ie is slow as hell on my comp for some reason. And the skins for ff are wayyyy better. But i gotta say this Firefox 3 aint impressing me much. IMO its worse than FF2

Magice

Reaction score
opera for windows safari for mac..

firefox seems like **** vs its pre 1.0 days.

risto

...watches you sleep.
Reaction score
the new IE tried so hard to copy firefox but failed miserably.

I heard that firefox is the fastest, most secure, most customizable web browser out there (according to their website =]) and I gave it a try.

the 'about:config' feature of firefox, which speeds it up, pretty much sold me on it. I'll never go back to IE

FF FTW!

oscaryu1

Reaction score
It is :)

Firefox FTW! I have no antivirus or firewall, and I still haven't gotten any spyware/viruses. My lappy with IE on the other hand... Yesterday I had to reformat...

Magice

Reaction score
It is :)

Firefox FTW! I have no antivirus or firewall, and I still haven't gotten any spyware/viruses. My lappy with IE on the other hand... Yesterday I had to reformat...

You don't know that unless you have an antivirus / anti spyware :p

While we're on the topic of programs....

NOD32 v3 best antivirus
Built in fw should suffice if you have a router.

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
You only need antivirus when you're constantly downloading *cough* pr0n *cough*:biggrinjester:

ed1380

Banned
Reaction score

risto

...watches you sleep.
Reaction score
D'OH!

http://www.yahoo.com/s/902643

just wanted to point that out before a firefox hater jumped on it and started blasting it. =]

yeah, my mom's computer still runs IE and that thing has new spyware weekly. my spyware searcher always turns up 0. ahh, its so nice to see that precious zero.

Magice

Reaction score
Honestly I don't understand how non computer savve people spyware up there computer so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.