Ed's "Black-Terror of Death"! ....mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
Hey everybody! This project will have something for most everybody! 2 stroke power (Russ), exotic drive-train lay-out (Kibble), and Dirty Stupid Fun (All the rest of us!) This kart is the future recipient of a Polaris 440 twin snowmobile motor. (Pix later) Right now, this is the first attempt at a mega upgrade in performance..... I'll keep you guys posted as this Drama unfolds.

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Is it a polaris 440 fan or liquid? what year? theres a big difference in hp between the two. the new IQ 440's make upwards of 110 hp. Also, make sure you use the stock pipe or atleast and aftermarket expansion chamber.

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
It's a twin-carb air cooled motor that makes my Sachs look and sound like a washing-machine motor. As you guys have figured out already, I just threw a minibike motor on the frame for laughs. This kart used to have a 4 stroke 150cc engine, and it did about 35mph, tops.

Remember- I'm the same guy who put a HF motor on a kart without taking it out of the box!....

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
I keep bugging Ed to repost a vid of him jumping this thing at one of our kartfests- he hasn't got around to it yet. I have half a mind just to see if the little red minibike motor will even spin the rear axle off the ground like that! (Wrong sprocket size!). The first step for me is to see how the driven clutch/ chaincase is going to fit into there, and then locate the motor and mounts for the engine. I'll keep you up to speed.
Video? Absolutely. I'm guessing that this motor should be good for an honest 40- 45hp, which should make this thing very quick.

Last edited:

crazycart

RedNek Engineering
Reaction score
Well its definatly out of a older sled, id say earlier than 1988. Probly out of a txl or something. these engines are pretty bulletproof

Status
Not open for further replies.