Drift trike with seat over predator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfive

Reaction score
Been looking but only seam to find ones with motorcycle engines. Have a hemi predator that I wanted to use with the fuel tank removed and 22mm bike carb. Fuel tank removed for lower profile. Have almost enough from a mini bike build I had planned to where it won't cost much. Have HD clutch from go kart, left over chain, just need axle bearings sprocket and axle.

Co worker gave me a bmx bike for free. Made an engine plate at work last night. Just need to cut the gap between bolt holes. Cut the bike down and removed pedals and hub.

Installed new tube from Walmart with slime for seal sealing. So far I'm less than 20.00 into it. Hoping some free/cheap wheels are coming my way soon. Kart three hole 10". Need to find pvc for cheap.

If anyone has built one with seat over the engine I'm in need of ideas to make sure it's not a tipping hazard. Want to keep it safe for drifting but I'd like it to this way vs. seat just off the ground like most do.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
I think the low COG is important and here's why:

Low Friction...Low Friction...Low Friction...Low Friction...HIGH FRICTION!! >>>High COG = upside down. Low COG = no more drift.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Nah it will work. Put PVC on the tires like all the Drift trikes, and you have Low friction.

Google "Birkiste Fahrende" It is NOT a Drifter or a trike but all of them are seat over engine.

You definitely have a different Idea, but why not try it?

2SlickNick

American Minibikes @ FB
Reaction score
Yep I agree with pvc...
I was trying to find some pvc to put on my trike at one time.
I have drifted/peel out it on street a few times in beginning.
I have drifted it on grass too , so I am sure PVC would have worked. My seat is above the engine too.

https://youtu.be/qk_EBpiG058

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Ice and snow helps too!

But unlike a mini bike like nicks, If you do this custom,
Relocate the tank, run a typical air filter adaptor (side mount) and custom pipe, You can get your seat pretty low. The engine is now only 9 1/2" tall.

Jfive

Reaction score
I have a tank in process and a 22mm motorcycle slide carb already. I just don't like the look of the ones with the engine behind the seat.

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
i just watched that video the other day. cool build. was wondering if the predator would look similar if you took everything off and relocated gas, carb, exhaust.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Similar Yes. That is what I have on my build. I only have a pic of this side

Attachments

• IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
heres also a few images i have

Jfive

Reaction score
Picked up front brake for an expensive bike at the scrap yard. $1.00! Going to take governor off the hemi. So far keeping the budget down to not upset the wife. Total investment 21.00! Wheels and axles are gonna be the hard one. Might have a lead on tires but guy hasn't responded since sending me a picture.

ultralight01

Senior Yet Young Member
Reaction score
Hoverbikes, jet engines, wrist flamethowers...Dangerous yet incredible, A mad inventor: Colin Furze. Building a pulse jet would be really fun though!
Use a dirt bike engine off Craigslist, not a predator! Speed speed speed! and a gearbox.

lucianmarza

Reaction score
Very nice projects here.I am new on this forum, and a little bit of help for the next issue would be much apreciated.I am also building a trike, but I want it for off road.The question is..Will the steering go well if I have a live axxle and NO pvc on tires? My rear tires are 15 inch and front wheel 26 inch.I heard something about weight distribution?..I don't want a ''perfect'' steering, but I'd like to know if I could do some decent arround corners.
Thank you.

Jfive

Reaction score
I think it will be fine! Colin furze didn't seam to have trouble vs the standard lower profile rear mounted drift trikes

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk

Jfive

Reaction score
Almost done with the tank. Thinking I'll mount it on the back instead of on the bike frame like I was originally thinking. Have two rear wheels and tires and hubs underway. Waiting for order from BMI karts to show up.

Attachments

• IMG_20161101_134924.jpg
    IMG_20161101_134924.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.