DNF - 2020 - Fox Havoc M5 Build-off entry

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
I have a Fox Havoc M5 Go-kart that's missing a lot of parts but it's only about $220 in parts. It was originally yellow then got painted orange then black then blue (Rolling Eyes) plan on painting black don't know what kind of black- gloss, matte, semi-gloss, satin, don't know yet. I'll post pics in a little bit. I've put tires and crap on and needs some work- welding, nuts, washers, and bolts, paint job, engine, torque converter, chain, throttle cable, custom seat mounting bracket<--(done) since the seat was too big for the stock bolt holes, engine plate. Want to figure out how to put lights on it and going to take out governor as well as an air filter/jet upgrade kit, (going to put on some 18lb valve springs, new "upgraded" pushrods, and PVL Flywheel Predator Hemi, since it's going to be running at around 5200 RPMs instead of 3600 stock) I'm going to do this after I get it running and driving for a while. What kind of black should I do(paint wise) and should I do some kind of accent color to contrast the black if so what color? Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSCF4690.jpg
    DSCF4690.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF4691.jpg
    DSCF4691.jpg
    554.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF4692.jpg
    DSCF4692.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCF4693.jpg
    DSCF4693.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF4695.jpg
    DSCF4695.jpg
    819.5 KB · Views: 13

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
Forget the big block let me go get a 22hp predator v-twin horizontal shaft lol

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Fr tho if i had the money i would put a big block on but tight on budget so... ;)

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Forget the big block let me go get a 22hp predator v-twin horizontal shaft lol

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Fr tho if i had the money i would put a big block on but tight on budget so... ;)

Hint. Letgo offerup facebook craigslist

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
hang on the 4005 is a kid size buggy
There is little to no chance to mount a big blck, much less a V-Twin anyways.

a 212 might be on the large side already it came with a 126cc Subaru originally..
(which IIRC is the same size as a GX140 and thus quite a bit smaller than a GX200)

'sid

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
oh wait.. right you wanted no passenger anyways...
soo yeah it might fit on the passenger seat.. mid engine kart so to speak ;)

'sid

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
Lmao Today I was looking at it and I was like wait a minute let me see sum and so I took out the axle(again) XD and put the axle more towards the rear of the frame and stood back and was like d**n this thing would look sick with a little longer(about 6") wheelbase and some bigger tires but... first I need a welder and an angle grinder with a cuttin disk on it and some money but it would look really cool. Also I was thinking about putting a 50cc four wheeler's front suspension on it so that I could soak up the bumps a little better but idk if it will or if it will just make it "bounce" so to speak when I hit a bump. :huh: Let me know what you think.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Hi @austin_gore ,

Previously you were
<quote> ... thinking about putting a 50cc four wheeler's front suspension on it... </quote>

I would not use 50cc parts on the front end ... Heres what happened to a 110cc quad wheel after a few hours of yard track use (turns, no jumps)

I'm having to do a lot of custom work now to upgrade to 4 lug wheels and 128mm rotors and calipers for a125-250 cc machine.

BTW, I like the look of your kart. Should be fun if you can get parts that fit the envelope with little modification.

Building something (and reading other peoples build logs) are great ways to learn.

Be safe !!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
Tommarow I am getting a predator 212 that has a cam and gov delete for $75 it runs had a vid sent to me and how would i turn down the idle on the carb i have an idea but let me know anyways

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

and has anyone tried using a bat as a exhaust cut off the little piece of the end of the handle and then cut like a inch of top and then weld it to the exhaust flange?? maybe even put it in a pipe bender and bend it so that its not just sticking straight out. but idk if the bending would work since the bat goes from small to big

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Hi @austin_gore ,

Previously you were
<quote> ... thinking about putting a 50cc four wheeler's front suspension on it... </quote>

I would not use 50cc parts on the front end ... Heres what happened to a 110cc quad wheel after a few hours of yard track use (turns, no jumps)

I'm having to do a lot of custom work now to upgrade to 4 lug wheels and 128mm rotors and calipers for a125-250 cc machine.

BTW, I like the look of your kart. Should be fun if you can get parts that fit the envelope with little modification.

Building something (and reading other peoples build logs) are great ways to learn.

Be safe !!

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

the atv that i was going to use has a 4 lug surprisingly and it might be a 50cc idk its some chinese brand that doesn't say anything about anything important

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
ok so they never showed up and i've texted them about the predator 212 and no responses so whatever and i am probably going to save up and get the atv then worry bout my go kart afterwards.

Austin_Gore

Reaction score
never got the atv above but i did get another the one i got is a 2007 Yamaha Big Bear 400 IRS Hunters Edition proably going to put the gokart on hold and fix this up:tire slime, carb, battery¨optional has pull start¨

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
tire slime.. spare that sh't
it's most likely the valve stem (it's almost always the valve stem)
have it checked replaced (costs 3 dollars or so.. far less than a bottle of slime)

slime is for an emergency only..
and once in the tyre you cannot even repair the tyre if you needed to;
and tyre repairs are also easy (and cheaper than slime usually)

slime is a NONO unless you're stuck in the woods.

'sid