DIY cable clamps for cheapskates.

Master Hack

Reaction score
I needed some cable clamps. I need them today, I don't have time to order online and wait. I don't have time to go to the hardware store only to find the usual plastic clamps that last a few months. I need some metal clamps, now. So like many other things its quicker to just make some and move on to the next thing.
So I had some .050 aluminum, perfect! I milled a 15/32 slot in a block of aluminum and the rest is history.

Snaker

Reaction score
I have the presses but no machining machines.
I always have a roll or three of the hanger straps with the holes.
Cut the desired length and use the included bolt holes.

Master Hack

Reaction score
Well, ya really don't need a mill, I'm just lucky enough to have one. Way back when I didn't; t have one I drilled a hole in a block then cut it half way down the hole and ended up with 2 dies. Just remember to leave enough clearance for the material to fit between the female die and the rod.
In this case the "hole" is 15/32 and the rod is 3/8 the resulting clamp fits a 3/8 cable perfectly!

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
I want the minute of my life back it took to watch that video! I thought someone was going to loose a finger or something.

Master Hack

Reaction score
Sorry, l was unaware of the protocol. I will keep the video recorder handy for all the bloody, bone crunching events that occur on a regular basis. Is there an area to post those videos?