• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Corona beer virus

Budget GoKart

Aka a kenbar
Reaction score
Lol i love that this thing is scaring people and its even funnier everyone bought tp instead of other stuff lol. I have 4 weeks off school and we just do e learning instead of makeup days. So early spring break anyone :roflol: more time for screwing off!

jmaack

Reaction score
imo it is fun. but people's ignorance will cost in the near future. Keep your tp and hand sanitizer.

ignorance is bliss or so they say......

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
I’m afraid we’ll be seeing the impact from this in the form of a shortage of Chinese made good in a few months. This is hurting the economy in a bad way,and the effects of that remain to be seen.
I’ve survived several “ends of the world”, but I’ve never seen mass panic at this scale.

jmaack

Reaction score
100% this pandemic has cost me over 12k in the last week. it will earn me more. keep it up.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

I dont see it lasting much longer. once people get over the panic and actually stop and look at real numbers they will realize it was an over reaction.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Its ludicrous. Every single store here in Lincoln has no toilet paper left. I was able to snag the last 2 pack out Bounty paper towels (green package), as well as the last 12 beef Ramen noodle packages (individual not the 12 pack box). The only things people should have stocked up on was dried food that has a long shelf life, canned foods, and maybe a big thing of Folgers coffee.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Yeah and he got the ban hammer on eBay and Amazon. They actually banned him for it. Scalpers are a special breed. That isn't economics, it's being a jerk.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
No idea, not my problem. He probably thought he was going to flip it for a profit. At this point, he should count his losses and donate it to a homeless shelter.

Karts of Kaos

the many mowers guy
Reaction score
my best friend's dad is a certified acupuncturist and he can help treat the corona virus, but the guvt is threatening to shut him down during the virus. :huh:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
yeah..
the same type of idiots that are afraid of a beer brand nowadays
do believe they can heal a virus infection by dancing with colourful ribbons.

Thank god the gov't is ever so slightly smarter than that!

'sid

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
worse..
europe is essentially locked down.. almost all borders within europe are now closed and guarded
(something I haven't seen in 30++ years)

and the usual suspects like
loo-roll and hand sanitizer, flour, pasta and rice
are no longer sold from a shelf at best from out of a transport box
(if you get any at all that is..)

all concerts, sports or other public events are cancelled
(even tv shows are no longer recorded in front of a live audience... that makes for some weird tv shows...)

People go absolutely crazy..
I've been to the store a few days ago on my motorbike..
and when I entered I blew my nose
(still chilly outside.. cold nostrils, warm 'indoors'.. condensation... what can you do)
and man.. I tell you if they have had pitchforks and torches I would have been in trouble :rolleyes:

I got myself a snickers a can of coke and a pack of cigarettes
and I was stared at as if I was an alien NOT buying a lifelong supply of toiletpaper and pasta...

a grinning "haaaachooo" when I left still caused a shameful laugh,
so not all is lost... yet!

We'll see

'sid

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I get this nagging cough yearly, starts in February lasts until July or August. So I go to a store with this cough and yeah, I get glares. Granted, I do my best to cough in my sleeves, but sometimes it comes too quickly.

Here's hoping this will all pass right quickly with a way to treat it effectively. Hopefully none of us on here will get sick. In the meantime, try to stay safe everyone!

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Last night our president had a speech outlining the measures the country is putting into place. Pretty drastic I may say, but maybe good to try and get a handle on the virus.

Some of the major decisions taken by the government include:

· A ban on travel from various countries, including Britain, China and the United States;

· The closing of 35 land ports of entry, as well as two of the country's eight seaports;

· A ban on gatherings of 100 people or more;

· Introduction of tracking, tracing and monitoring systems; and

· The consideration of a fiscal relief package to minimise damage to the economy.

ezcome-ezgo

G'me sumthin to write on
Reaction score
The "ban on gatherings" should bother every free-thinking person on earth. In this world we live every single day at our own risk, whether driving, eating, smoking, whatever. If I want to gather with friends, and my friends feel the same way, we will gather. My government is not going to get to decide for me.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
It's funny, because my mom just pointed out yesterday how ironic it is for the Corona beer company.....

We've stocked up here, but only because of how people and the government will react, buying EVERYTHING at the stores, and then getting quarantined. So we stocked up just in case. But this was BEFORE everyone caught on and panicked, so we were ahead of the game.

I'd say the stupidest thing the government has done so far is for the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates to zero and allow no reserve lending. But that's all I'll say, since we're still technically supposed not to talk politics on here.

I'm just watching the show while wrenching on my kart. This is an historic event! Might as well pay attention! :popcorn:

Flyinhillbilly

The great cornholio
Reaction score
It's funny, because my mom just pointed out yesterday how ironic it is for the Corona beer company.....

We've stocked up here, but only because of how people and the government will react, buying EVERYTHING at the stores, and then getting quarantined. So we stocked up just in case. But this was BEFORE everyone caught on and panicked, so we were ahead of the game.

I'd say the stupidest thing the government has done so far is for the Federal Reserve to cut interest rates to zero and allow no reserve lending. But that's all I'll say, since we're still technically supposed not to talk politics on here.

I'm just watching the show while wrenching on my kart. This is an historic event! Might as well pay attention! :popcorn:
My GF is Vice President of a bank and does mortgage lending, and as soon as that was announced her phone started blowing up with people wanting to be first in line to get rates locked in. I’m sure I’ll hear all about the chaos when I get home tonight.

The virus is dangerous, it WILL kill people, but what’s more dangerous is the public reaction to it. “Civilized” people will climb ove each other’s bodies to gain any advantage when the chips get down.