Completely tricked out go kart engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm talking billet everything, all the bells and whistles. What do you think it would cost? They're built off the 6.5 HP block, aren't they?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cosmetic would just mean that it looks nice, with no improvement in performance, right? I mean, the super-duper tricked out engines with all the stops pulled out.

Lead Foot

Reaction score
dyno cams has all the stuff order a cataloge for a more detailed product list.
UI would guess over 200$

jrjulien1

Reaction score
were you thinking of building a full engine from the ground up with an ordered block and all the other parts or were you going to get a used engine and build it up I looked at the site and i think it would cost about 400 to 500 dollars to build up a full engine but you could probably skip some parts and use the originals if you rebuild an old engine some of the parts you could reuse without really having any performance lost are the whole block just replace all the bearings and stuff but dont reuse the old head and you should also reuse or rebuild the old ignition system unless you replace it with a better one which is usually expensive so really all you would need to buy for this method is all new gaskets and bearing all new piston,rods,crank,camshaft,head,flywheel and carberateur {i think got it all} as for the cost of a rebuild it would be somewhere around 350 or so i think

hope this helps

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm really just curious. I saw that on the dyno site -- "raptor kit" I guess it was.. around $500. I wonder if that's including the block. Maybe I'll call this week and find out.

jrjulien1

Reaction score
i think its a complete engine kit and all you have to do is put it together {a raptor engine is a racing engine popularly used in lower class karting}

Status
Not open for further replies.