Comet Torq-a-verter/Newbie questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twotwentyswift

Reaction score
After looking at options for setting up my first kart the Comet Torq-a-verter looks like a great option. In the Northern Tool info it says the #1377 has a 3/4 inch bore. Is this the bore for the output shaft on the engine? Also for easy turning for my little guys I plan on putting power only to 1 rear wheel. What do I need to order to do this? Jackshaft is a foreign term to me as is the whole kart experience. Please educate this poor newbie. Thanks! :eek:

twotwentyswift

Reaction score
Thanks Ed. Good to know. Since this will be used exclusively on pavement I guess a solid rear shaft is the worst option. Harder to turn both ways. Correct?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
yup. and yes 3/4 is for the output shaft on the engine.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i suspect it's a "not for car/legal on road use" but would be fine for go kart fun use. I'd call northern or someone else that carries that part and ask specifically.

twotwentyswift

Reaction score
I'll bet you're right Robert. If it isn't D.O.T. approved they probably have to put that in the add as a disclaimer, so as not to get sued should someone use it in a street vehicle and have it fail. Man the lawyers have made things complicated along with all the litigious people in the world. :p Surely just another case of a company doing the C.Y.A. routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.