Coleman KT196 Engine Mount

Ottend4362

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I recently bought a newish KT196 but it had the sprocket assembly broken and welded poorly so the chain was binding. I cut it off and I cant seem to get it to line up so I can weld it. I contacted Coleman and they are out of stock of the part. It's only $40 but I'd rather not wait around. Does someone have one or could you send me some pictures of how yours lines up so that I can guestimate?

Ottend4362

Reaction score
Here are some pictures. I'm going to a welding shop to get it welded up today by my brother in law. Hopefull it works out. If someone has a parts cart and has the FIXED ENGINE BRACKET (part name according to Coleman) I would be interested for the right price.

Attachments

• 20221020_095034.jpg
    20221020_095034.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20221020_095050.jpg
    20221020_095050.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18
  • 20221020_095027.jpg
    20221020_095027.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Is the piece in the middle pic with a gear on each end what you're talking about? Is it supposed to be welded to the frame with a bracket? If so, tell the welder not to overheat those bearings inside.

Ottend4362

Reaction score
Yup the piece in the middle picture is what I had to cut off because someone welded it very poorly and the chains didn't line up. The 3rd picture shows the entire FIXED ENGINE BRACKET - Its out of stock at Coleman and they don't know when they will have it so I'm trying to get it back together so my kids can enjoy it while I wait for the new part.

Does anyone have pictures of the assembly so I can see how well the chains line up. I matched up to the parts diagram that Coleman has and it looks correct however they don't line up 100% on either end.

Ottend4362

Reaction score
Is the piece in the middle pic with a gear on each end what you're talking about? Is it supposed to be welded to the frame with a bracket? If so, tell the welder not to overheat those bearings inside.

Correct. I'm going to disassemble the seals and such before it's welded.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Chances are your BIL will do a better job making it straight and reinforcing than Coleman ever could. That is if he likes you and the kids. If not your screwed.