Coleman ct200u Fuel Valve problem

spreadthelove

Reaction score
I broke my coleman ct200u fuel shut off valve (stock carburetor). I tried super gluing it back on, but keeps falling apart. I looked everywhere for a similar fuel valve, but could not find one. Does anyone know the solution to this problem? Anyways, hope everyone has a good day!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 6

mckutzy

Reaction score
Hello and welcome...
Ohhhh... well its a common part from any clone carb should do....
Just loosen the 2 screws carefully, pull out the lever and washer....
Clean out the stuff if any and replace....
Tighten snugly enough not to leak, not super tight,(Which looks like it was)...

Could go try a lawnmower or a tool rental shop... ask if they have a junk bin you could look in for those bits...Get a choke lever aswell...

Lastly..1- Do you have missing springs from off of your carb or gov removed?...
2 It would be advisable to get a small filter on the breather tube as to not allow the engine to potentially get dirt into the head...

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
rinse the lever remnants in IPA and allow to fully try;
DO NOT touch any of it with bare hands,
dip in superglue and baking powder to fill all gaps when needed;
and again allow to fully cure (a day or so should do).

File off all overshot glue and you end up with a part that should hold for long enough until the ordered part is in the mail ;)

'sid

PS ProTip:
you can use a short length of old windshieldwiper insert (flex steel) to connect the parts from below for extra strength,
just allow it to melt in a bit, top off with the same glue/baking powder mix and file flat.
(can even be spray painted black)

mckutzy

Reaction score
Interesting...

So whats up with this super glue and Bakin soda?? or powder? And how does this work/do??

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
well mac.. it's essentially black magic if you ask me ;)
(or white going by the color scheme of baking powder)

Anyhow, it acts as a finely granulated filler material, closing tiny gaps much better than just cyanoacrylic glue.
I tested that on a plastic lighter lid.. it broke immediately without baking powder and lasted at least for months with.

why?
I guess you cannot perfectly close all gaps by pressing pieces together so you end up with a solid-glue-glue-solid bond;
and that for some reason is weaker than a solid-glue-solid-glue-solid bond *shrugs*
especially if those solids are literally all over the place ;)

But what exactly happens IDK, I just saw people do it successfully and repeated that myself
(also rather successfully I'd say)

'sid

mckutzy

Reaction score
Ahhh yes the whole "black art" stuff again......
I see....
Good to know..
I have seen it a few times and kinda forgot about that..I dont use that stuff much, but good to know more of these lost art stuff... especially these times...

madtom

Reaction score
Clone carbs are cheap enough to just replace the whole thing. Can get one shipped to your door for less than $20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

spreadthelove

Reaction score
Thanks for the helpful advice!
To answer your question, I took the gov off and tweaked it a little. That's why it looks a little weird.