check out this cool kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

anickode

Reaction score
That thing looks terrible. Too lazy to build a proper frame for it... Just weld half the bike to the go kart and call it a day.

Tpdingo

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think it would be very fun. It is one of those too much of one thing can be worse than less of it. I think this fits the category very nicely.

6.5HP Centrifugal clutch kart with paddle brakes, one wheel peel basic kart. Fun, no problems with it. Could go and stop a bit faster, but fun to drive. (maybe a V6 sedan?)
6.5HP kart with T/C and disc brakes, live axle. Whips you around, brakes are snappy. Loads of fun, and never feels like you are going to die. Good ol' fashioned fun.(Miata)
22HP V-twin kart. Wow this thing accelerates. It goes wicked fast and it is a lot of fun to drive. Just going down straight aways never felt so good. (Corvette)
That thing, well what do I do with it? It goes way too fast, it isn't street legal and all my normal riding areas are too small. So now you need a racing track to use it. They say you cant use it because the frame stability is unknown and riding on grass or regular asphalt is painful from no suspension and little tire give. (Stock car or Racing Ferrari)

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
Come guys!!! You know the drill. If you are going to post things for Craigslist then please attach pics and ad description here. Postings on Craigslist last such a short time that threads like this one would be meaningless in a day

https://youtu.be/8axMz0AIJn0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpQnBBXwzmI

Up for sale is a go kart I made. It came from an 04 R1 bike and Intrepid Suzuka chassis. The chassis was stretched to a 64" wheelbase to accommodate the larger engine. The R1 aluminum frame was kept to allow use of stock gas tank and airbox. Gauge cluster is stock with ignition/run/push start integrated into steering wheel. 6 speed shifting is done via a right hand shift linkage with clutch. Normal left brake/right gas pedals. Calipers all around with dual master cylinders. Plastic seat. Oversized battery.

Tubing: 1.25"X.09" Wall DOM(75ksi yield)
Weld: MIG (80ksi)
Front/Rear Sprocket: 17t(with 16t included) and 33t
Chain: 530
Axle: 50mm
Rear Tires/Wheels: Dunlop/Burris Racing 11.5X7.10-6
Front Tires/Wheels:Dunlop/Douglas 11X6.50-5
Brakes: Freeline/Birel
4 Bearings
Ground clearance: 1.75"
Weight: 348 lb

Please text/email with any questions on the design. Also, have a from scratch dual Predator engine kart listed for sale.

"Might" trade for a good condition Miata or 60s/70s muscle car (mustang/camaro/Nova etc). No rust.

MAKE AN OFFER!

Attachments

• 00s0s_4vzyduI36PA_600x450.jpg
    00s0s_4vzyduI36PA_600x450.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.