Changing up my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
**disclaimer, this is not a sales pitch, these karts are already sold, this is not an advertisement**

Okay, so I've spent 4 and a half hours last night re-organizing the karts sold section of the site I have because I needed a better way to sort karts I've documented online. These are karts I've rebuilt at the shop for sales over the past 4-5 years, some are older.

http://gokartsoftexas.com/karts/usedkartssold.html

I had to add wording at the top for certain customers who kept calling and yelling at me asking why all the karts are sold and why I leave these pictures up, or asking me how much these cost.

This has been my project to help my uncle for a while now, if anyone has suggestions on ways I can better the site, or questions about the karts, or just thinks its cool that I've got this many karts in one place. Tell me what you think.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. You've sold alot of karts! I personally would make the text at the top(except the "The Karts Below ARE NOT For Sale They Are Already Sold!" part) smaller. Did you make the site in html or did you use a WYSIWYG editor? my site (stencilpunks.org)is made entirely in notepad.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
I've used dreamweaver and base html code. Thanks, I'll change the text below to be smaller. You can understand why I made it so large given the strange questions people ask just from not reading.

K, I've made that text smaller.

BTW, that is actually a really cool idea for a site you have, I sent it to my niece. I think she would like a project she can do.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
Much better. I would imagine it would get anoying. On my site, selling shirts with our designs is illegal, yet i found a site that was selling like 20 shirts with our designs! :censored:People can be strange...

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
::Bump Bump:: I appreciate devino's input, I would however like some other suggestions. The only way I can improve this thing is through the suggestions from others, I have the ability to code fully in Java2 and whatnot but a more aesthetically pleasing site will not help with information any better than what we have now.

Flashing lights do not replace information.

HellSpawn

Reaction score
Blazkowiez, I used to design and build websites for many personal & other related organizations, If you want I can give you a hand with your website. (Like a full redesign and some better management of information)

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
Good stuff! You seem to have a sense for what makes a cart look cool, too.
I like the site, bud. You just need to get some inventory. You have the page - just put the picture, the specs, and the price for each kart and you should be good to go.

Put your e-mail address and phone number at that top section next to your logo. You don't want people to have to go looking for it.

On your sold karts, there was a couple of full suspension ken-bar's. Which models were those? That's what I really wanted instead of the Manco I got, but hardly any one has those ken-bar suspension models up here in PA. They're all down south! and I wasn't going to buy new, either, because I wanted to chop it up.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Those should be D-911 models or similar.

I actually do line up and put karts up like that when we have karts for sale. We have been selling out each week... We should have another for sale within a week or so, its been a mad house, we have 6 karts in line for repairs right now and it just keeps stacking up as it gets closer to summer. Houston is a big city.

We've got the stamp at the bottom of each page as a footer, do you think I should place an email following our number and address?

dcook3333

Dean
Reaction score
Yep, didn't see it there. That should be fine, I just get used to seeing the phone number at the top of page. Maybe it's just the sites that I use, though.
I think you site looks great. As long as the links actually work when you click on them (and yours do), then you've got one up on some of the kart parts sites out there.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks man, I put the email at the bottom. I'm considering watermarking all the pictures with what they link to... I'm pretty sweet at photoshop and this would not be a problem, would this be counter-productive or look super cool. I'll screenshot some options on sunday when I have a day off.... we have been mad packed at the shop with building karts for sale, huge shipments of tires, and repairs.

devino246

Official DIYGK Chem Nerd
Reaction score
You could put a little thing that says 'SOLD' on the image, mabe in red or something. i think people are looking at the image and not noticing the sold below it.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
That is a great idea man, I think I'm going to go through and watermark all 100 images this weekend. No, that was not sarcasm, I really plan on doing that in the sold section. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.