Carb help?

Mikgokarting

Reaction score
At the moment we are running a stock carb and air filter, we want to buy a new carb (not to expensive) my budget is 20/30 for carb and possibly a air filter as we don’t have that for the engine either, should we upgrade the jet aswell to which size cheers
Engine is 6.5hp eberth

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Mikuni clone carb? Or do we need to modify the engine anymore for that carb

Last edited:

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
A Mikuni or one of the many Chinese clones will need an intake runner. About $30 from www.gopowersports.com IIRC.

It will also need a throttle cable, which I think is about $15 or so. A Chinese clone might cost as little as $15, but for a real deal Mikuni(much better quality and extra parts available), you're looking at upwards of $75 for the carb alone.
I don't think the air filter is any more than about $10 or so.

So if I remembered those numbers accurately, A clone carb setup could cost as little as $60, whereas a real one could cost $130 or more.

Remember, these are not direct price quotes, sorry if I put in the wrong numbers, I'm just too lazy to look it up right now LOL.

JTSpeedDemon

2019 Build Off Winner!
Reaction score
Not really many options as far as spare jets go, that's why I noted that a genuine Mikuni will have aftermarket replacement parts available. The jet it comes with should be reasonably close to what's needed, especially after adjusting the screws. If need be, you could drill it out a bit to make it bigger, or solder/redrill it to make it smaller.

Personally, I'd go for a genuine Mikuni.

madtom

Reaction score
Nr racing sells a jet kit for the clone mikuni. Comes with 130 main 12.5 pilot. I have ran into a issue with a clone carb I bought that used a different style pilot jet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Brianator

Gettin' er done!
Reaction score
Which jet would you buy for a mikuni clone carb ?

Anything anyone suggests is probably only going to get you in the ballpark based on their experiences but every engine is different, modifications/upgrades will require rejetting, altitude plays a major role as does the climate itself there's so many variables....

My best advice to you is buy a few sizes, in sequence going a little lower and also higher than the majority of recommendations (or what your research has brought you to) and experiment to find out what's best suited for your specific application.

Extra (new) spark plugs for WOT plug chops aren't a bad idea either as they will very accurately tell you exactly which way to go with your jetting plus it's never bad to have spare, good known plugs handy!

Mikgokarting

Reaction score
Sounds great cheers for the advice we bought the mikuni clone kit Simply because the price which was cheaper, it was better that way then buying a air filter and adapter plus a jet for the old carb which would still cost some money, so just found it better to buy the clone kit. Also we had to buy a new headr for the engine because the mount bracket screws for the carb broken.

---------- Post added 07-02-2020 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 07-01-2020 at 11:59 PM ----------

The next thing we need help with though is the throttle pedal setup we don’t know how to properly install and then make it return. We don’t have manco dingo ones there from a racing kart. We thought making Our own throttle pedals that might be easier with custom springs