Can't find performance parts for my coleman bk200

Jeremey1000

In honor of Ricky Bobby
Reaction score
I have been working on small engines for years. I cant tell you how much money I've made by just cleaning out the carb on countless engines when people thought they were junk. But now I've picked up a 2020 Yerf Dog (coleman) bk200 go kart and it has a Taotao gy6 (161QML) on it which is a bit diffrent of a setup. When I was standing at the store debating on buying it, I did a quick search for gy6 performance parts and found tons of upgrades so I went for it and bought it. Now that I've got it home and started doing real research... I can't find anything performance for this thing. According to the engine code its a 200cc with a 61mm bore and everything is for 125-150cc with 52-57mm bore. My first search was for a 200cc adjustable ac cdi with squared edges on the plugs but it doesn't exist. I am tempted to just buy upgrades for the 150cc but dont want to end up wasting money on slowing it down.
Anyone have any sources for performance parts that are designed for a 200cc or have advice on how to proceed with upgrading this thing?

Attachments

• 20200514_171420.jpg
    20200514_171420.jpg
    773.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20200530_193902.jpg
    20200530_193902.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 12

Yellarasta

Reaction score
Hey is there a quick follow up on this. I just purchased one and I'm looking to do a couple of upgrades and I can't find anything in this engine

Karttekk

Reaction score
Here are some possible sources:

If they can't help you ask them if they know of any other sources.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Click on the first site Karttech gave you, VMC. Type "200cc wiring harness" in the search bar, see pictures of your white plugs. Whole wiring harness for $70, a little overkill, but pointing in the right direction.
The Hammerhead site has boatloads of wiring harnesses, and a CDI with plugs on it just like yours. Type "200cc wiring" in the search bar.
Nice job, Karttech.

addington

Reaction score
So I just bought one of these as well and I came across these few sites that have parts for this specific kart

From what I've been able to tell yes the engine code says its a 200cc but the paperwork says its a 169cc and everything else I've been able to find says its a 150cc which is what I'm inclined to believe due to the lack of power at a mere 9hp and a top speed of 32mph. hopefully this helps a little.

BEEFKING69

Reaction score
1st thing....These 150-"200cc" motors are called gy6s.

2nd.....There is no such thing as a factory 200cc gy6. Most buggys being labled as "200cc" are 170cc "161qmk" aka K-block or 180cc "1p63qml" with some 150cc even being labeled as 200cc. 161qmk and 161 qml are both 61mm bore and both 170cc. The 1p63qml is 62.5mm bore and 177cc.

3rd....Theres a ton of gy6 variations. The important part of the engine code is the bore size. 52=125cc...57=150cc...61=170cc...62=175cc...63=177/180cc.

4th.....The gy6 buggys all use shortcase where as scooters mostly use long case.

5th..Theres four primary gy6s being used in buggys and all 4 have different headbolt spacings...A-block...B-block....K-block .....And a "1P63QML" with no code name yet.

6th...A-blocks are the normal gy6 150....157qmj or similar. those have metric tons of aftermarket performance parts and can be bored/stroked to 212cc.

7th..... B-blocks are whats know as aftermarket cases and can be bored/stroked to 240cc. There are buggys with another version of the B-block from the factory but they are extremely rare.

8th....K-blocks and the 163qmls have zero performance heads/cams/cylinder etc available period due to the different head bolt spacings. The only upgrades are carb/exhaust/air filter and cvt upgrades and not all use the standard 150cc cvt upgrades.

9th.....DO NOT waste money on those ridiculous so called performance/racing cdis/coils......They are pure garbage and provide ZERO performance gains. The only legit performance cdis/coils cost around 160 dollars. Only buy stock style cdis/coils and make sure you know if your buggy uses an AC or DC cdi before buying one.

10th.....Join the gy6 buggy group on facebook. "gy6 buggy and kart performance"

Last edited:

Mi-Vida-Loca

Reaction score
I have been working on small engines for years. I cant tell you how much money I've made by just cleaning out the carb on countless engines when people thought they were junk. But now I've picked up a 2020 Yerf Dog (coleman) bk200 go kart and it has a Taotao gy6 (161QML) on it which is a bit diffrent of a setup. When I was standing at the store debating on buying it, I did a quick search for gy6 performance parts and found tons of upgrades so I went for it and bought it. Now that I've got it home and started doing real research... I can't find anything performance for this thing. According to the engine code its a 200cc with a 61mm bore and everything is for 125-150cc with 52-57mm bore. My first search was for a 200cc adjustable ac cdi with squared edges on the plugs but it doesn't exist. I am tempted to just buy upgrades for the 150cc but dont want to end up wasting money on slowing it down.
Anyone have any sources for performance parts that are designed for a 200cc or have advice on how to proceed with upgrading this thing?

Mi-Vida-Loca

Reaction score
I've got Coleman BK200. With the 161QML. Basically it's the 173cc with big bore kit and is not a 200cc or 173cc but is actually 232cc. So if your looking for parts, search gy6 B Block (b block is the big bore kit specific block) and mine is short case. (Taida is the crankcase manf). Gy6 is what they call this "Honda clone" Chinese motor. I'm currently doing a complete power/transmission change, if you need any replacement parts (except for stator-that is junk on mine).

Hopefully this helps, I had to do a ton of digging to find anything out as well.

BEEFKING69

Reaction score
I've got Coleman BK200. With the 161QML. Basically it's the 173cc with big bore kit and is not a 200cc or 173cc but is actually 232cc. So if your looking for parts, search gy6 B Block (b block is the big bore kit specific block) and mine is short case. (Taida is the crankcase manf). Gy6 is what they call this "Honda clone" Chinese motor. I'm currently doing a complete power/transmission change, if you need any replacement parts (except for stator-that is junk on mine).

Hopefully this helps, I had to do a ton of digging to find anything out as well.
The 161qml and 161qmk are both K-blocks and are both 170cc. The 61 in the engine code means 61mm bore aka 170cc. I see you didn't bother reading my post above lol. Neither are B-blocks and neither are 232cc. Idk where you got your information from but that is horribly wrong. The B-block is a taiwaniese aftermarket gy6 A-block with a bigger stud spacing made by taida and other taiwan manufactures. Absolutely no buggy or scooter comes stock with a 232cc motor. The only difference between a B-block and A-block is the stud spacing. B-block has a bigger spacing which allows bigger bore than A-block but it isnt "the big bore specific block" as both A-block and B-block have big bore kits. A-block can go up to 63mm (180cc) and 212cc with the biggest stroker crank. B=block can go up to 67mm (204cc) and 240cc with biggest stroker crank.

Mark3521

Reaction score

2nd.....There is no such thing as a factory 200cc gy6. Most buggys being labled as "200cc" are 170cc "161qmk" aka K-block or 180cc "1p63qml" with some 150cc even being labeled as 200cc. 161qmk and 161 qml are both 61mm bore and both 170cc. The 1p63qml is 62.5mm bore and 177cc.

3rd....Theres a ton of gy6 variations. The important part of the engine code is the bore size. 52=125cc...57=150cc...61=170cc...62=175cc...63=177/180cc.

4th.....The gy6 buggys all use shortcase where as scooters mostly use long case.

5th..Theres four primary gy6s being used in buggys and all 4 have different headbolt spacings...A-block...B-block....K-block .....And a "1P63QML" with no code name yet.

6th...A-blocks are the normal gy6 150....157qmj or similar. those have metric tons of aftermarket performance parts and can be bored/stroked to 212cc.

7th..... B-blocks are whats know as aftermarket cases and can be bored/stroked to 240cc. There are buggys with another version of the B-block from the factory but they are extremely rare.

8th....K-blocks and the 163qmls have zero performance heads/cams/cylinder etc available period due to the different head bolt spacings. The only upgrades are carb/exhaust/air filter and cvt upgrades and not all use the standard 150cc cvt upgrades.

9th.....DO NOT waste money on those ridiculous so called performance/racing cdis/coils......They are pure garbage and provide ZERO performance gains. The only legit performance cdis/coils cost around 160 dollars. Only buy stock style cdis/coils and make sure you know if your buggy uses an AC or DC cdi before buying one.

Sorry to bring up an old thread… I have a 1P63QML I’ve tried finding a different carb for it and can only find qmj slide carbs… is that what I would use? Would it give the throttle response I want? Or would it make things worse? As for weights how would I figure out which type I would need?

Karttekk

Reaction score
This SHOULD be the engine that shipped with your kart

HardToFind

Reaction score

So im that unlucky guy, always .... I have a 1P63QML and i cannot, for the life of me find a rocker arm assembly for this engine. Any ideas? I bought the buggy second hand and had to tear down the head and cylinder but while replacing i found the exhaust rocker to be seized.